The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Deck from Big Blind Media (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hi Sokarnl,

No, the court cards are full colour.

Hope that helps!

Liam.
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
The latest custom Bycycle deck is the Karnival Deck available from the ever-inventive Owen Packard of Big Blind Media.

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/karnival.htm

Oh my... what a thing of beauty.

These cards are made by the USPCC and are of classic Bicycle quality. They handle a dream... that's enought about the USPCC.

The artwork is by renowned French artist Sam Hayles and they are truely creepy. The back design is NOT your typical negative, blue, green, black or silver version of 'ol fashioned Bikes...no, no, no. These are bespoke (no pun intended) original bits of pasteboard art and lovely they are. The printing gives the cards an aged feel without it being laboured. The artwork is gothic and dark but still looks classy. The faces of the cards are as per standard Bikes so could easily be interchanged with standard cards and gaffs, the only difference is the A of S which is equally as fiendish as the other "specials".

Karnival is the perfect name, I'm just expecting the Ghost Train from "Something Wicked This Way Comes" to sound it's whistle in the distance.

The tuck case (also original) has a nice bar-code-proximety tool to be used, one of the creepy jokers holds another cards identity should you choose to point it out, if not it won't be noticed. All of the cards have a very subtle one-way design easily seen in ribbon spreads or in normal handling but are in no way obvious to any spectator and finally an everso helpful DB card is included.

Check out the prices as well... they are about a fiver (GBP) with all sorts of shipping and bulk buy deals.

Treat yourself to a class-A deck and support one of the best magic companies out there!
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
Man I got these quick...nice handling...nice design...thumbs up
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
866 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Well,

I received a deck of these cards in the post yesterday and I must say they are really nice. The design of thye cards are a regular design, all apart from the Ace of Spades of course. This I think is great as the cards can be used with a regular bicycle card for a chicago opener effect, or for an eery reveal you can use a regular deck and have the Karnival back design be the odd one out.

The Joker is perfect for a reveal as mentioned previously, very subtle but perfect for an erdnase. And the bar code revelation could be used a bit like Tricycle by Daniel Garcia and Luke Dancy, which is a great addition in my opinion.

Basically this is a great looking deck that didn't over step the mark, for instance although they look great all the black decks out there make it a lot easier to see a DL so you have to be more careful (one step too far!). These however look normal enough for them to be a normal deck of cards, they just have a crazy back design. Also they come with a double backer you can use with loads of different effects!!

Thanks Owen,

Ben

BTW if you buy these cards you should buy the Joshua Jay DVD while you are there, then you will have loads of great card magi to do with them!!
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
756 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Just got mine. They look great!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
A friend of mine sent me a deck of these, they are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
GRRRRRRRRRR shipping date has been delayed... and I wanted them for Halloween Smile.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1644 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Yup, it's a real shame, would have been wicked. Oh well, these things do happen ai Smile
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1644 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Just wondering if there still up for dispatch soon. any info would be wicked Smile

JamieD
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Quote:
On 2008-10-20 19:08, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
GRRRRRRRRRR shipping date has been delayed... and I wanted them for Halloween Smile.

who said its delayed?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1644 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Owen Packard sent emails to those who had purchused the decks, They are delayed in the UK for shipping. He also says it earlier in this thread.

"I believe that the US can receive shipment immediately - the UK shipment though won't arrive for shipping until the 21st." - Liam Montier

JamieD
dizzydiaz1001
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of dizzydiaz1001
Wow, these look amazing!! Cant wait to get mine!!!! Smile
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
They are amazing. I have already used the Jokers for the appearing card effect many many times.
Like Star Wars? Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift"
http://www.mattsconce.com/the-gift/

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Grrr... still waiting for mine in Canada - hope they get here before the 31st!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
241 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi all - all orders have either been despatched already or are going today! phew - it's been a looooooooooooooooooooong night!
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Wow.. what a great deck. We finally got our inventory of them in and are selling them like hotcakes on our webstore. I kept a few packs for myself and have been working with them - the built in gaffs are nice.

The one way back design is so subtle... and it opens a few doors for stripper like effects.

They do carry the stigmata of being a "non-ordinary looking deck" but that can be overcome with patter and performance... I know many people that use the 1800 bike decks and the civil war style decks. Its all in how you present it.

The quality of the materials is also very nice. the decks fan well, and even faro nicely. There are no die cut flares that I can see.

BBM did a very nice job.

If you have not ordered one of these decks, most places are selling out quickly - I suggest ordering a few decks ASAP.

We have a few dozen still left - hard to say how long they will be in stock.

I am already putting in a replenishment order hahahah
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
drswoboda
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, WI
78 Posts

Profile of drswoboda
I received mine last week and they are very nice. I plan on using them with the the Max Maven "Wagers of Sin" routine...

-David
—"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Got my brick yesterday (tues)
very nice too!
cheers BBM
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The look cool. real cool. Undeniably. but I think I'll stick with good ol' fashion classic Bikes.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1644 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Welll...

After a long awaited and anticipated wait, The Karnaval Decks hit England!

So, Thoughts on the deck are...

The design is genuinly amazing. There So tasteful and yet so inapropriate. The time that must have gone into the design of these decks must have been substantial. The Double backer is a fantastic and generous addition to the deck. n

The Ace of spades is Insane. The image of a Top hat'd skellington being encased by a Spade shape. On top is an eerie text stateing the brand of the cards.

The "official" BBM Advertising card pretty much speaks for itself.... it's an advertising card.

The jokers are also wicked. An Angel Skellington clutching the desired playing card makes for a very cool reveal.

The box is very stylish, clean, sleek and utterly wicked. I never usually carry the card box's with me and just house the deck in my pocket, but I think I will have to. The barcode reveal, like on some other decks is also a very nice lil reveal.

The Subtle one way back design is very cool indeed but cant help but think it started out as an accident in the design? that's how it comes across at least. Non the less, Its one of the better one way designs i''ve come across (if that's your sorta thing)

Over all these are one of my favourate designed cards. They will cover most area's of magic. Staries can be made easily and if not, the cards will get you comments from nearly anyone. They add class and flair to any Card Manipulation you do and overall I would grab them before there gone. I'm thinking of topping up on my only JUST recived order of 6.

10/10 and a defininate MUST for any magician, card or otherwise.

Best Wishes,

JamieD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Deck from Big Blind Media (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL