The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Black Flash Powder or substitute? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Bill Abbott has a nice version of "Ashes on Palm", (called "Flash") where he wraps black flash powder (the ashes) in a small twist of flash paper, sets fire to the lot, which of course, vanishes.
Seems pretty near impossible to locate BLACK flash powder, so I was wondering what else could be used to simulate the ashes. I'm thinking along the lines of showing the "ashes", then pretending to take a pinch (in fact, taking nothing), then set fire to the flash paper. Of course, the flash won't be so strong - but the upside is that it'd be less dangerous.
I've had a look at making flash powder, but I think that the ingredients could be awkward to get hold of, in the UK - and also, I think the recipe online may well be for white flash powder, which IS reasonably easy to find.
Anyone got any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Black Flash Powder or substitute? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL