We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Turbo Illusion from Andrew Mayne's Solo X (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Quote:
On 2008-09-17 20:58, kauaiimagic7301990 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkuMAUMivtw

Is the video link to the illusion being performed.

I personally like this illusion even though I know how it is accomplished it still fooled me.

Is this the same illusion from manes book or something else?
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Knight Magic, that is realy nice of you to share your input! Your fan illusion is realy cool, I loved it, but more just your presentation of the whole thing!
Knight Magic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
60 Posts

Profile of Knight Magic
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 09:50, R. Dunn wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-09-17 20:58, kauaiimagic7301990 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkuMAUMivtw

Is this the same illusion from manes book or something else?

That's a video of us performing my Fan illusion on Royal Caribbean last year. An audience member video taped without our knowledge and then posted it on youtube. It's based off of Turbo, but as I mentioned above it's my own design and method.
Knight Magic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
60 Posts

Profile of Knight Magic
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 09:57, Swann101 wrote:
Knight Magic, that is realy nice of you to share your input! Your fan illusion is realy cool, I loved it, but more just your presentation of the whole thing!

Thank you Swann! Pretty soon we're going to post a demo of our complete show on our website and we'll make sure we post a link on the Café when we do! - Mistie
Don Faith
View Profile
New user
Canada
84 Posts

Profile of Don Faith
I built a Turbo a few years ago and understand the work envolved.

Knight..excellent job all the way around.
Bravo!
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 16:55, Don Faith wrote:
I built a Turbo a few years ago and understand the work envolved.

Knight..excellent job all the way around.
Bravo!

DO you have any tips or suggestions or maybe what you like or don't like about presenting it?
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Grainger (www.grainger.com) has a huge selection of original and replacement motors of all kinds, so I'm sure you can find something suitable there.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I had a Question I was wondering if anyone knew if I could get a 42 inch fan cheaper than $264.12 http://www.onestopshopcatalog.com/mc-42.html

Also does it matter if it is belt drive or direct drive? I knwo whan I DJ a direct drive turntable is better than belt driven as its the motor tyhat spins the platter where on a belt drive the motor is separate and turns the platter.

Knowing how The turbo illusion works the Fans motor needs to be the thing driving the fan. If there is a separate motor than you cant use it because Turbo just wont work., So in a belt driven fan is everything built into one piece? Wold a belt driving fan work or not?

How about getting a motor and building my own fan? Pros and Cons?

Could I get away with a 36 inch fan or am I better off spending the extra ad getting a 42 incher?

Thanks

Chris
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
184 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
JUST A QUICK NOTE. DON'T KNOW IF ANY SAW THE CREDITS OF THE MASKED MAGICIAN BUT IT LOOKS LIKE HE WILL BE REVEALING THE TURBO ILLUSION. WHAT A LOSS I ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD IDEA FOR IT. JUST A HEADS UP IF YOU ARE STILL CONSIDERING BUILDING IT.
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I am not worried. I a not sure why everyone is worrying. It is not going to hurt me. People don't care nor will they remember.
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Turbo Illusion from Andrew Mayne's Solo X (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL