The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Julian Franklin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Has anyone been in contact with Julian Franklin recently? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I know that he lives in an area that was hit pretty hard during the hurricane. His website is also down. I am hoping he is o.k.
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
I know he's pretty tight with Tommy Johns in Georgia- if anyone knows Tommy, maybe he has some news. I was worried that Julian and his family might be right in the middle of that mess- fingers crossed...
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
Just got an email from Julian- he and his family are fine. (He is emaling from his local library).

Their home did OK, no significant damage. They have no power, but they're OK for water, gas, and food. Great news!

(Not only are they OK, but he'll be back to work next week- the show must go on!)
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, guys. I was worried when I saw his website was down. Was that the hurricane too?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
Looks like most of his sites are down- I'm sure it's his provider. He did mention that he'll be posting on his blog- http://www.julianfranklin.blogspot.com - for anyone who wants to get in touch with them, that may be the best way for now.
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
It is good to hear that he is doing well. If anyone has his number please PM me. Thanks. I have been trying to get in touch with him myself.

Cheers,
B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Also Trixie Bond is in the same area, I wonder how she is doing!
Dennis Michael
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
I talked to Trixie yesterday and she and her husband are in Austin with her daughter. They have no power as well and she is fine and is looking forward to getting back home soon.

Robert
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I too talked with Trixie and she is fine. I have not been able to get Julian to answer the phone so I am hoping that him and and his family are alright.
Julian Franklin
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
139 Posts

Profile of Julian Franklin
When it rains, it POURS! Here's what happened to me in the span of a week:

(1) Learned that my toll-free service provider had dropped my number for some reason that they couldn't explain. Called and asked to have it restored, they said 5-7 days. 8 Days later I called back and they said the same. That was as the Hurricane was hitting.

(2) We switched phone service providers the week before the hurricane hit but had not recieved the manual on how to access our roll-over voice mail. No big deal...we thought.

(3) Hurricane hit knocking out all the power for 6 days. No problem, we have food, water, gas, plenty of ice, and lots of camping gear so we settle in for a family "camping trip" in the den. But without power the phones don't ring outloud and the answering machine can't answer the calls so they all go to the roll-over voice mail which we do not know how to access.

(4) No power for 6 days means we also had no e-mail. All we had was a cell phone and no way to update our web page to tell people about our inability to communicate with them.

(5) I get a call from a friend who tells me the web sites are down. All of them. A billing error with my service provider. I drive to a library about ten miles away and access the internet from there. I update my blog, check e-mail and try to contact my web provider but they only give e-mail. I was reasonably firm that they should get the snafu fixed and re-post my web site as soon as possible. It was up within 12 hours.

But in the meantime I have about a week or so where callers to my toll free number got a "disconnected" message. My other phone number was answered by a generic machinated voice that didn't identify the number or business as mine and messages left were not returned. E-mails were not responded to. And when they went to my web sites to see what was up they saw that the site was down.

WOW!! What kind of a message that must have sent to potential buyers!

Any ONE of these things, or even all of them (one at a time) would be frustrating but manageable, but when they all hit at the EXACT same time!

Anyway, all is well and you can read about the adventures on my blog if you want.

www.JulianFranklin.blogspot.com
www.KidShowBusiness.blogspot.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Julian Franklin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL