The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A truly magical 30 minutes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shandoli
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of shandoli
OK guys, I was working today at my dad's corner shop and it was kinda quiet and I was playing with my cards. In walked this guy, he bought a can of Coke and a packet of crisps, and just as he was about to leave, I thought to myself, "What the heck!!" and said to him, "Hey man, can I show you something?" I then did the 2 Card Monte for him. He was bewildered and left, without uttering a word!!!

A couple of minutes later, the same guy came in with a friend and his friend asked me to show him a trick. So I did the 2 Card Monte again, followed by Here and There. Again, a great reaction. My deck was brutally examined for being a trick deck but nothing was found!!!

This time the friend left and soon came back with another friend. This friend seemed to be a pain in the *** kind of spectator; so I played along and did Card in Hand (the one where they are holding their own card without knowing that they are). He was laughing at me when I didn't get the card at first, but as soon as I said to him that that's the card he is holding, I got one of those "kodak moments." It was great; so I did Here and There again.

But, all the while the original guy was completely quiet. No messing and he didn't try to examine the cards, nothing at all.

Then I did the Gamblers Switch from Ninja and while they were looking at the changed card, I palmed and produced it from my back pocket, after which they asked me to turn around and examine my trousers!!! Again, nothing.

Then the killer. The original guy took a pen lying on the till and some paper and wrote, exactly, these words:

"DO YOU USE A WITCH?"

Believe me, that's the biggest compliment I have gotten in a long time as far as magic is concerned!!!

I did a couple of more quick tricks and the last one where I produced a palmed card from under the till acting like I am scratching it off. The guys just literally ran off and said this is scary. All the while, mentioning DAVID BLAINE (Now please don't start a new thread.)

This was all great, but the icing on the cake, the fact that the original guy was disabled and couldn't speak and I probably gave him something he will remember and cherish forever. I am very happy today. And all this practice for the past 6 months has come off big time!!!

So what do you think?
Post your stories!!!!

K
markkwan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of markkwan
Great story. Stories like these are the reason I keep practicing my magic.
What good is a night, when you can't break it.
Marcelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Marcelo
What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing, really enlighted me...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
My question is DO YOU USE A WITCH?
Smile Smile
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » A truly magical 30 minutes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL