The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I used to have a deck that contained white letters next to the angel on the bike that translated into the value and suit of the card for really quick and deceptive markings. I realize one could make these themselves with rub on transfers, if I could find transfers this color and size.
Q: Does anyone know the name or manufacturer of this deck or where the transfers can be found for sale.

Thanx
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
It's the Ted Lesley deck. You can get the deck already made up, or get the transfers and make your own. There are several threads about it here on the MC; use the "Search" function and you'll find 'em.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
The transfers are produced by Martin Breese, and are available at some magic shops. I get mine from the Cuckoo's Nest in Pittsburgh.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Thank you gentlemen.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
One thing to keep in mind with that style deck is that you need a full view of the card back and that marking system is not as subtle as others.

If that is a concern, check out the ULTIMATE MARKED DECK. Very subtle, only need corner peek and it is not very noticable in a riffle test.

Boris Wild's deck is also nice in that you only need a side view - not as riffle proof however.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Quote:
If that is a concern, check out the ULTIMATE MARKED DECK. Very subtle, only need corner peek and it is not very noticable in a riffle test.

Hey Mark, can the cards be identified from any corners?
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Top left + bottom right corners...
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
As Flekka mentioned, you read the top left or bottom right corner.

The nice thing is you can get a full read on a typical fan!

The marking is very discreet.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
In some cases you can get the transfers from the better art supply stores. I am not talking about a Michael's or AC Moore.. but a real art supply store. In the more retail style stores it seems they do not carry the smaller sizes int he transfers.

I believe in Ted Lesly's book PARAMIRACLES he states using a pt 6 size in white transfer letters.

Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
I believe the Pro-M may be the one you're looking for. Pretty bold, but can be read at much further a distance than the Ultimate Marked Deck. I have used it in close-up for years and never been detected (that I know of...) I would take it over the Ultimate Marked Deck any day.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
If you are looking to read marks from a distance...stick with Juice or Luminous technology for marked cards.
Long Island,

New York
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
710 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
I would agree with expert magician. Nothing can beat a subtly juice marked deck of cards. With such a deck one can relax and sink back into a chair whilst reading the top card on the tabled deck a few feet away. Smile I have managed to hand mark a red Bee deck for suit and for value. I sometimes have fun placing the deck in Aronson stack order with a short end scallop for the top card JS so that I can cut it back to the top after a purposefully messy false haymow shuffle. I then make several false cuts which retain the stack order.

Juicing does however take time and patience to get it 'just right'.The marks can -with practice- be read reliably and properly juiced cards can be closely examined in the hand by a lay person and it will always be the case that absolutely nothing will be found.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked deck (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL