The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tony Clark Dove Holder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody Moynihan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Cody Moynihan
Hi
recently I bought a Tony Clark dove holder. I am having trouble getting my dove in to it tho any suggestions.
thanks
Cody Moynihan
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Cody, are your doves used to holders? Tony's holder are a little smaller than most and it takes a very well trained dove to get them into it. You just have to take your time, loading the tail in first and then working the dove in.
Where the magic begins
Cody Moynihan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Cody Moynihan
Dave,
Do you think I should open up the back end of the holder and put dome fasteners on it rather then trying to work the dove into it every time. she has never been in a holder before so she is not familiar with it.
Thanks
Cody
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
In my opinion, I wouldn't modify the holder. Just keep working with your dove. Don't try to force it into the holder. Work it in steps gradually putting more of the dove inside. I personally don't use Tony's holders as I think they are too small, at least for my birds.
Where the magic begins
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
I love tonys dove products and as him being my bird mentor he has some very helpful information. If you ever run into other problems the best thing to do is ask tony directly. he is very nice and usually responds within the same day you sent an e-mail.

magic mike
Jethro Magic
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jethro Magic
I am using Tony Clark's dove holder,it's snug fit compared to other dove holders.
you just have work with the doves to get used to the holder,be gentle in loading them.other dove holders on the market open all the way for easy dove loading.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
The only product of Tony's I can never seem to use or get the doves to fit, are his invisible dove harnesses. The design and safety aspects are great but the harnesses always seem to be too big on the doves.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Each person must use whatever works for them. I use two different types. One is General Grants and the other is DoveLites.
Where the magic begins
Cody Moynihan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Cody Moynihan
Thanks Fore all of your input so far I think what I am going to do is keep working with my dove trying to get her in little bit's at a time.
thanks
Cody Moynihan
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 22:34, Kyle^Ravin wrote:
The only product of Tony's I can never seem to use or get the doves to fit, are his invisible dove harnesses. The design and safety aspects are great but the harnesses always seem to be too big on the doves.

I also find it is a bit big, but I am able to tighten it further then it is meant to go if you see what I mean. But even still, there is the odd time in rehearsal when a leg gets caught from the harness being slightly loose.

~Ed
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Ohh...Edward, That sounds dangerous. The harness has to be secure, or u'd risk a fracture...take note of that and be carefull
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
I actually haven't used it for a while as I wasn't happy with it not being 100% and was worried the dove wasn't comfortable. I want to get the Frewin harness made up but couldn't find the ribbon anywhere. Anyone had any luck?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tony Clark Dove Holder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL