The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Backdrop Help Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
Hello...

Anyone out there able to give me some instructions on how to build a simple backdrop frame. I would greatly appreciate it.

Smile
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I just made one last night. not sure how simple but I used EMT which is electrical conduit (I am an Electrican by trade) I used 1" for the base and 3/4" for the telescope. The base is a H shape this is the bulky part I welded it with a wire feed welder. In the miidle of the cross of the H I welded a 3/4" 12 stub up the 1" gose on top of it. The 1" is 5' with a 3/4" 5' piece that goes inside. I drilled holes for pins that came from hinges. The top of the 3/4 has a 2" rings welded to the top. This allows the cross bar to slide in.
I made three uprights with the middle having a 3" ring so I can make a v or just use two uprights. If I use all three I can go 20' wide. If I use two I can go 10'
The uprights go from 6', 7' and 8'
I can take some picture and email them if you like. Took me 3 hours to make
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Hi. Check out this link - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=11 I built a nice adjustable backdrop using PVC pipe. It is very stable and adjusts from 6 ft. to 10 ft. in height and up 18 ft. wide.
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Backdrop Help Needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL