The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Surprised by Uday Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bkp007
View Profile
New user
Longview, Texas
63 Posts

Profile of bkp007
I saw a set of combo copper cups in a local magic shop. They stacked perfectly, looked great, felt fairly heavy and the chop cup strength was perfect. The shop owner sold me them for 50, which I felt like was a pretty good deal. Then I found out they were uday, which is crazy because they seemed so much nicer. I guess I'm pretty impressed with the quality of uday. My first set was magic de bazar and I think uday's copper set is nicer, and definitely more functional for what I do with them.

long story short I sorta got ripped off for supporting a local shop.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Well, you are also paying for the opportunity to play with them before buying, plus all the other costs of running a brick and mortar place. If there was one here where I live I would probably support them to if of course the prices were not too ridiculous.

JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
bkp007
View Profile
New user
Longview, Texas
63 Posts

Profile of bkp007
Yeah the key is: "not too ridiculous"

I understand supporting local shops and I knew they would be cheaper on line but I could have got them at penguin for 22 minus a 10 percent discount and free shipping compared to 50 at the shop

Then again, penguin is an evil company.

Oh well I guess it was worth it to get cups that seem ok.
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Though I find the Uday cups light for my taste they are very very good for what they cost. I got the combo so it includes a Chop Cup which is heavier than the other three. Wish all the four were same weight. But's that my taste. Excellent value for money and they look nice as well. Get it out of your head that anything made in India is bad. Things made by Sam, Uday and Tayday are excellent.

Quote:
On 2009-04-07 12:35, bkp007 wrote:

Then again, penguin is an evil company.

Why is Penguin an evil company?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Bear in mind that the Uday cups are a knockoff of the Monti cups. There is no comparison at all between a set of genuine Monti cups and a set of Uday cups.

Penguin has a reputation for being an evil company due to actions in the past. They seem to have cleaned up their act in recent years.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Quote:
On 2011-10-07 01:28, Bill Palmer wrote:
There is no comparison at all between a set of genuine Monti cups and a set of Uday cups.

You are right Bill, Monti Cups are $342 (cups only, you buy the rest apart)and Uday's cups are $26 with 4 balls and a velvet carry bag. It is like comparing BMW with TATA Nano. Please suggest cups which are around $60 and are good quality for learners.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Surprised by Uday Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL