The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dan Wolfe Smoky Mountain Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
I just received a custom prop for one of our dogs from Smoky Mountain Magic. When I first contacted Dan to explain what I was looking for his first concern was for the dog and its safety. Dan suggested Lexan rather than plexi. Even though Dan had never built this prop before he was willing to take on the challenge. His attention to detail and creative input resulted in a prop that is built to last and look good on stage. Dan went above and beyond coming up with many improvements to make the prop better and easier to present. There were frequent e-mails and phone calls updating me on the progress of his work. He even sent pictures as the prop was being built making sure it was what I was looking for. It was a pleasure working with Dan and I would highly recommend him for all of your magical needs.
Jethro Magic
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jethro Magic
I've seen his work.it's really neat.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Though I didn't purchase a large item from Dan, he made a few different "tweaks" to a product he had already had in house... Needless to say, it turned out absolutely beautiful and I highly recommend Dan's work! He is a heck of a guy and one of the most honest and straight-forward illusion builders out there!

-Bryan
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Dan is the man!
estone
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of estone
Made my Modern Art, shown on his site, get comments on it all the time. Great builder and guy.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Nice to hear positives about builders. I wish we could post more of this type of thing instead of "trying " to get information out the lesser business people and builders.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Dan is a great guy with some amazing ideas. I've worked on a couple of small projects with him and he's always been fast to reply. His knowledge of building and materials is a valuable resource. I'm glad I can rely on his services.

Steve
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1173 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Dan has custom built almost every illusion in our show...the quality is wonderful...and he keeps you posted every step of the way...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
I've only met Dan a few times (he's a member of my IBM ring (355), but hes so busy he doesn't come to many meetings). the 1st thing I noticed about him was his sense of humor. he's a cool guy, and he knows his stuff.
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Ace of Spades
View Profile
New user
Kingsport,TN
52 Posts

Profile of Ace of Spades
Dan is a great guy, and a true genius when it comes to building. We are fortunate to have him in our ring. And actually Ewok, Dan never misses an IBM meeting. I think he may have missed 1 in the last year or so. If anyone out there needs a prop, Smoky Mt. Magic is the place to go to.
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
Dan has built over two dozen props for me. He is fantastic!
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
Well I need to jump in here and do some complimenting too. My son, Devon and I went this weekend to pick up his Mini-Kub-Zag from Dan and it is a beautiful prop.

Dan and I started emailing back and forth in late October and he was always quick to respond, even with him not knowing if we were going to purchase or not. We probably emailed back and forth for a month before we officially ordered…and boy did I have some dumb questions. (At least looking back through the emails the questions seem dumb now).

To be honest, I was really surprised that Dan was THAT understanding of my lack of magical knowledge. (See, I’m still learning this magic world from my son and the magicians that surround him) We (Devon and I) would have an idea for design or something and I would communicate it to Dan as best I could and he would come through with an answer that was easy for me to understand. He even made a suggestion or two about our design that made the look waay better. Sometime I’ll tell you the difference between Yellow, Gold, and “Sparkly Yellow”.

Seriously, Dan is a great guy who does great work. He was super-nice to Devon and Me when we showed up at his shop. Devon can’t wait to get this MKZ on the stage. We’ll certainly be looking toward Smoky Mountain Magic for the next addition to Devon’s show.

Thanks Dan, you’re the best.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I love the cartoon
patrickske
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of patrickske
That looks so awesome...
Magic Creates Life
magicnator
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicnator
Wow! I am not really a fan of the mini Kube-zag, but that has to be one of the best I've seen! It looks amazing! Congrats on the prop dude!
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Greg:

What a Dad! To spend that kind of money to support your son's interests...you are the king! Great looking prop that will greatly enhance Devon's future performances.

Now email Jack Murray for an ata case for that prop. He's got the dimensions. Smile

Chris

P.S. - I love the picture of Devon beside the prop, which is taller than he is! Most performers don't have that problem! Smile
patrickske
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of patrickske
Quote:
On 2009-02-08 12:09, Christopher Starr wrote:
Greg:

What a Dad! To spend that kind of money to support your son's interests...you are the king! Great looking prop that will greatly enhance Devon's future performances.

Now email Jack Murray for an ata case for that prop. He's got the dimensions. Smile

Chris

P.S. - I love the picture of Devon beside the prop, which is taller than he is! Most performers don't have that problem! Smile

Indeed lol, wish I had a dad like him!
Magic Creates Life
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
I have several ATA cases from Jack. Great cases and great prices.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
Quote:

I'm about as supportive as any dad can be. As long as he stays out of trouble and gets DECENT, not perfect, I'm satisfied with decent grades, I'll follow him and help him along anyway I can. If I can't help, I try to put him in hands that can. That's why I'm here so much.

However, The money spent on this prop was HIS money. I won't get into the details other than to say, he was in a car wreck back in the summer...and this is what he wanted to do with part of the money. Dad can't afford to spend that kind of $$$.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Lets just say it is nice to see the support that you give your son. You are a class A dad. don't change!!!!

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dan Wolfe Smoky Mountain Magic (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL