The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Best rope tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
652 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Tabary has the most magical act!
The Funny Titan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of The Funny Titan
My all time favorite rope routine is Daryl's because it such a great rope routine that you can handle so well with practice. Very inexpensive
J.Dunaway
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of J.Dunaway
Well I definitely can't say it's the MOST magical, but the most THEATRIC rope routine I perform is an adaptation of the Rope Through Magician's Hand trick, except the knot goes around my throat. I put a hankerchief over my head, (noteably it's a LARGE hankerchief), "in case something goes terribly wrong" (to hide the knots disknotting/theatrical purposes) and have one person from the audience tie my hands with rope while someone else from the crowd pulls the rope off. Only ever choked once, in practice thankfully.
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
Slydini's C&R and Professors Nightmare. Plays big!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
I know I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to submit my vote...

Michael Finney's Lady Rope Routine

Oh, man... This routine is phenomenal!!!

-Vinnie
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Vinnie
You are right Michael Finney's rope routine is absolutely hillarious, but it is not possible for us mere mortals to reproduce it because there is only one Michael Finney.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
How right you are, Al! Finney's work is out of this world!

-Vinnie
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1815 Posts

Profile of wally
Michael Finney's lady rope routine its on vol-2 dvd wanted/trade
The Conjuror
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois, USA
132 Posts

Profile of The Conjuror
I'm not sure if there are limits on this thread (meaning ropes only - no rings allowed), but I once saw Daryl's take on the Ring on Rope and it's been my favorite effect involving a rope ever since.
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
I have to say that the most memorable I have ever seen was done by Shari Lewis on a videotape I re-bought recently. The tape is a childrens magic tape, with both performances and performances and instruction. The trick was a basic C/R trick, but it was one of the most incredibly mystical and amazing I can remember. It is a cut/restore, cut -odd lengths, stretch, restore, cut - odd lengths, flash restore, cut, knot, finger scissors, restore, knot - removed knot. All set to music, it is incredible, fast, and extremely entertaining and amazing.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
WOW
That Shari Lewis routine sounds great. I would love to see it done.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Double WOW
I'd like to see that too!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Shari the daughter of magician Abe Horowitz? Seems I heard that somewhere years ago.

Maybe that's the genesis of the routine.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17290 Posts

Profile of joseph
Magicgrandpa, almost....... His name was Dr. Abraham B. Hurwitz ,
(a professor of education at Yeshiva University and an accomplished magician) .. By the way, IMO, she was the greatest vent besides Paul Winchell I ever saw.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Dan Tong has a great cut & restored / professor's nightmare routine on his 'Finally' DVD. Essentially he has the spectator cut a rope into three equal lengths>>>>the three lengths become different lengths then back again>>>>the lengths are tied together and with a little magic the knots vanish and the rope is ultimately fully restored. Awesome. I've been using it in a two phase routine wherein I demonstrate a traditional cut & restored then offer to teach an audience member how to do it. When they take the stage I tell them I'm so confident in their ability that I'm not going to have them restore a rope that's been cut in half; I'm going to have them restore one that's been cut into thirds. Obviously the 'teaching' isn't meant in a literal sense...I teach the spectator how to 'correctly' use a magic wand.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Grandpa, Al,

Shari's daughter Mallory performs the same trick while singing the same song in her act across the US. Check her website lambchop.tv to see where she is next. I might try and youtube some of Shari's video up to share, her water to wine and T/R newspaper are delightful.

Dave
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
161 Posts

Profile of Lash
Fiber Optics has to be right up there. It is one of the best, most visual I've ever seen.

Of course a good cut & restored, Tarbell's Many Cut & Restored, and Professor's Nightmare.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Daryl's plays big and surrounded. 1000's of performances and I am never disappointed.

Robert
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia and France
58 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
I love Tabary rope routine, and also Aldo columbine's. I made my own routine with a text inspired by French genius comedian Raymond Devos. Tabary himself told me he enjoyed very much my routine.
It's in French so a lot is lost in translation, but I hope you will enjoy it. It's 6 minutes long of fun.
https://youtu.be/ysqZcpde_Lo
Zatanna,female magician and mentalist, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner. Festival Off d'Avignon 2021 2022.
Magicien professionnel au féminin close-up et scène Cannes Monaco Côte d'Azur.
https://www.zatanna.pro
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2001, Thomas Wayne wrote:
Whit Haydn's "Mongolian Pop Knots".

Regards,

Thomas Wayne

I agree!, but not because the effect is that much different than one can find elsewhere, but the character development and the presentation are absolutely "top knotch".
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Best rope tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL