The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What is the best run rabbit run? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Phil Tawa
View Profile
Regular user
Mass.
103 Posts

Profile of Phil Tawa
Hampton Ridge made a nice one. Nice price too. Only thing is the way they ship them the door knobs fall off and the handle for the rabbit falls off. I use my thumb for it anyway.(the hiding and peeping bunny)
I may have one as described if you can't find it.
Hampton Ridge is a branch of Fun Inc. and Royal Magic. It is or was their high end line.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10461 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm looking to buy one of these soon-

Is the Mak Magic unit acceptably good fo the $$$ ?

I was also looking at the Abracadabra Unit that IDOMAGIC mentioned aobe - that one is on sale for $199 new.

I have never onwed one of these and I will be performing at a Halloweeen party for ill kids at our local children's hospital soon. I assume these units go over well up to age 6-7 yes?

Appreciate any advice - don't want to spend more than $200 if possible as I may not use it too often but I want a smooth unit that looks pretty good.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Saysold1 - I'd suggest looking for a used one, if you're not going to use it much. Call around to the smaller magic stores or post a WTB in the trade section. Perhaps, if you buy a new expensive version, you might find someone who will buy it from you when you're done. (but don't be surprised when you decide to keep it Smile ) I have a Bakery Bear and I will never sell it.

Yes, this is good for ages 4 - 8. Older children may not give you the verbal reaction but they will enjoy the "magic". Put a good story line to it. It is not necessary to tell the kids to tell you if they see the wolf/rabbit/bear move from one place to another. I've seen magi do this in youtube videos countless times and I just don't understand why. Assuming you have a good rapport, have a little faith that the audience will react the way you want them to, without being told to.
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10461 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks Wes!

I'm bidding for a wood one now on Ebay. If that doesn't gel I can as you said look for one on the Café.

Seems like a good trick to own for kids events - I'm not a kids performer by a long shot (although I started as a kid doing kids shows).

Thanks again!

Brett
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Hi Guys,
I have just obtained an old collection of kids magic props and I think that I may have an original Harry Leat 'Run Rabbit Run'. Is there any way of telling if it is or not? It is made of Tin and is in the same colour scheme as Harry's.
Thanks in advance.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24024 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Post of picture of it if you can. " A picture is worth a thousand words."
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
856 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Does anyone know where I can buy the drawing plans for Run Rabbit Run?
I would like to make my own with a few modifications ...
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3060 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You'll find plans in my "Run, Whatever, Run" in The Wizards' Journal #13.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
667 Posts

Profile of equivoque
I vote for Run dragon run. There is virtually nothing that can break and it is solid wood. No turning the knobs a particularity way to make the dragon vanish is necessary. The negatives are: 1) table effect 2) the dragon really never appears behind door number two (see video) and 3) the dragon only peaks out of one side.

Overall the pros out weigh the cons.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
856 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Thank you Jim ...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24024 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use Run Dinosaur Run. It is no longer made. I made a copy of the dinosaur. I start off with it on my back. The dinosaur vanishes at the end. The twist is it reappears as the kids see me turn around to bring the apparatus away.
kcbeave
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
What is the age group range for RWR ? or what is the oldest age you would perform this for?
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
974 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I have a turbo bunny by Kovari and combine it with another gimmick to complete a story. I can play it for up to 9 year olds, but it's mainly used for 4 to 8 year olds.
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
kcbeave
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
Thank you, do you find 9 year olds is pushing it a bit?.
I bought a RWR but it was not a name brand one and the workings are not very smooth and it sticks at all different times and places as the rabbit moves so not really usable in a show. Will have to get a much better one.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
667 Posts

Profile of equivoque
What is the smallest run rabbit run available? I am not a fan of the abbotts model.
kcbeave
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
I am doing a show for 8 year olds, a few may be 7 but most are 8. For those that have used it for this age, does Run Rabbit Run still play as well for 8 year olds as it does for 4 to 7 year olds?
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
974 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I'm sorry I didn't answer your previous question kcbeave.
I think it all depends on your character and how you use it as to what age you can use it for. Also the patter sets the tone for the effect. I can tip how I use it as I got a lot of the routine from my very good friend John Breeds who is a magical genius. You can check out his books, that are filled with real world routines. http://www.johnbreeds.com/
Alan
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
kcbeave
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
Thanks Al Kazam, the Kovari Turbo Bunny is what I have and use. I have looked at Mr Breeds sight and the books look very nice and I will surely get one but at looking at the table of contents from his site, I don't see his handling of the Run Rabbit Run.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1631 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Yep....I still use the Harry Leat version made by Supreme....the alien or the ghost, depending on my mood. I have a Run Wolf Run for sale if anyone is interested. Smile JR
kcbeave
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
I did the show for the 8 year olds and left the run rabbit run in sight until they asked what it was. I then started my regular routine with it and I can now say that run rabbit run is not for 8 year olds, they are too analytical. Fraidy cat rabbit would have been a better choice. As soon as I realized it was not for them I explained it was for another show I was doing and went on with the rest of the show.

Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, kcbeave wrote:
I am doing a show for 8 year olds, a few may be 7 but most are 8. For those that have used it for this age, does Run Rabbit Run still play as well for 8 year olds as it does for 4 to 7 year olds?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What is the best run rabbit run? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL