The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Name of a Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hi all,
My friend described a trick that used the mem deck but he didn't know the name of the effect. Here is basically the description. The plot is the different ways in which a gambler, a magician, and a mentalist would locate a card. The magician stabs a joker in the pack and says name a card (the named card is below the joker), the gambler does something similar, the mentalist says if I could read minds it would look like this: he places the joker in the pack first then says name a card. After the person names a card the deck is spread and the named card is beneath the joker. I would like to know where I can find this effect. It's fairly easy to reconstruct with the mem deck, but the second phase on the gambler is foggy and I would like to learn the trick as it is printed because it's an intriguing plot. If anyone has information on this I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Phaedrus
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico City
212 Posts

Profile of Phaedrus
It's difficult to be sure from your description, but it sounds similar to "Madness in Our Methods," by Simon Aronson. You can find it in his book, "Simply Simon." Hope that helps.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Great, I have that book. I'm going to look tonight.
MikeHall
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of MikeHall
Larry Davidson has a similar effect on his dvd set, Scripted insanity. I think it ias on dvd 2. it was nicely put together.
spycrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of spycrapper
So, is that the effect you're looking for? I also interested on that one..
Magic is life

Ario A.
visit my blog:
http://amagicblog.wordpress.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Name of a Trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL