The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Aces In Their Faces released again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
The long wait is over. I loved this effect when it was first released. Then Bob put out a great video teaching it with some bonus handlings.

Then it became unavailable. But, that has changed. Bob reported the following elsewhere on the Café:

"Hi Gang,
The wait is finally over!

I'm leaving for England tomorrow to perform close up and lecture at the International IBM Convention.
Aces In Their Faces has been completely redone and is now an extremely comprehensive DVD.

I"ll be showing the final routine at my lecture at the convention and at a lecture in Paris for Dominique Duvivier.

The DVD has four complete shows that cover four different routines from the original Aces In Their Faces, through Aces In Their Minds which adds equivoque and an incredible new move, to Aces In Their Eyes which is done in the style of MacDonald's Aces but 1000 times more convincing because of the gaffs and some eye-popping manipulation. The last routine is the one I perform most of the time. It's a two phase routine that combines Aces In Their Eyes and Aces In Their Minds. This is the killer. In fact it's a MacDonald's Aces killer. The vanish sequences are absolutely test conditions, visual as it gets. The first vanish sequence actually allows the spectators to handle the gaff. Very sneaky stuff. The two phases combine to cancel out any thought of gaffs and you get the credit for being an incredible sleight of hand artist. The good news is all of the routines are easy to do.

The release contains the traditional Aces In Their Faces cards but they've been improved. The gaffs are now "pointer" cards on the faces which makes everything so much easier. There's is also a new included gaffed card that makes the reset for all of the routines instantaneous and simple to do.

The training is intense. It's finally on DVD. Nothing is left out. Running time is 1 Hour, 34 minutes. Many shots are over the shoulder so that you see everything from your perspective. The only thing better would be to come to my house to learn the routine. The work is explained in "Building Blocks". All of the routines share the same set-up, opening sequences and reset. Once you learn these you're ready to do any of the routines at any time, Each routine has it's own strength and purpose. There is something here for everybody from new beginners to seasoned sleight of hand experts. The routines are great for magicians and even mentalists. All is revealed.

The DVD will be released by Murphy's Magic Supplies Worldwide and will be in the stores by the end of October. If you want to be among the first to get it you can send $25.00 to my PayPal account at: bobkohler@cox.net and we'll cover the shipping and ship you a copy on Oct. 9".
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Wow, the wait is finally over! I've been waiting for this DVD for more than 2 years!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14044 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Shazam!! One of my all time favorites made even better!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Just ordered it

Don
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's a celebration!
:dancing: Smile

:applause: Smile

:bikes:

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14044 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Party on Wayne! Party on Garth!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
http://www.fingerflingers.com has a clip from the Aces In Their Faces DVD. Scroll down a bit and click on the Aces In Their Faces banner and it will start playing.

http://www.fingerflingers.com is going to be Bob's music instruction site, so don't worry about clicking on any of the magic links as the site is really just in a development stage. http://www.BobKohlerMagic.com is still going to be Bob's magic retail site when it's complete going through the upgrade.

I have this info from going through the Café posts where Bob has shared info about his site plans.

magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Awesome!!
Can't wait

Don
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14044 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 16:55, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
http://www.fingerflingers.com has a clip from the Aces In Their Faces DVD. Scroll down a bit and click on the Aces In Their Faces banner and it will start playing.

http://www.fingerflingers.com is going to be Bob's music instruction site, so don't worry about clicking on any of the magic links as the site is really just in a development stage. http://www.BobKohlerMagic.com is still going to be Bob's magic retail site when it's complete going through the upgrade.

I have this info from going through the Café posts where Bob has shared info about his site plans.

I watched the vid, and man, all I can say is Bob got me! I can't take that kind of tease. I mean, hold a steak in front of a dog's nose...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Daff, I'm barking too!!

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14044 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
For this kind of great effect, I'll sit up and beg!
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Just got it..
Fantastic

Don
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 21:05, magicman1 wrote:
Just got it..
Fantastic

Don

Maybe when you get time, you could got o the Tricks section and write a review.

magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Will do Chris
Don
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Is it just the DVD that Bod includes more indepth handle?

Does the DVD comes with the cards?
Best Regards,

Bob
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 21:40, mrmuji wrote:
Is it just the DVD that Bod includes more indepth handle?

Does the DVD comes with the cards?

Yes!
You will get the dvd and the cards - that´s it, but it´s enough. (ok, nearly enough in my opinion...)

I would prefer to recieve the dvd into a plastic tray and not just into a paper envelope, because it´s a long long trip from the USA to Germany and the post doesn´t always handle the parcels and letters in a good way. So my dvd is out of balance now and makes very strange sounds and noices within my dvd player... Smile

But the effect and its variations Bob shows are really nice. A very good alternative to the Mc Donalds Aces. And all seems so fair and innocent. Smile
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have Aces In Their Faces and did a review here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&2

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bob Kohler's Aces In Their Faces released again (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL