The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » New Spongeball Technique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
moselzauber
View Profile
New user
Germany
9 Posts

Profile of moselzauber
Ben,

Great to read your answer. Really, I didn't expect to find someone like you quite near to him! I hope your efforts will be successful!
Thanks again!
Jan
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Jan,

Sources have told me that Scott is currently hitchhiking his away across North America. He has not returned any of the messages I've left on his phone, Facebook page, email, Skype, etc- and I don't think he will any time soon.

As much as it pains me to say, you may want to find a way to get your cash back if you don't hear from him soon. And, for everyone else, you may want to wait on purchasing until we hear from Scott.

Sadly,
Ben Train

P.S.
Jan, if you want Scott's info, send me a private message. But if he won't return my calls, I find it unlikely he'll return yours. It's up to you.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'm sure the DVD will be different, but honestly, the fast cuts and editing just don't do it for me. I just wonder how all this stuff works IN REAL TIME?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
moselzauber
View Profile
New user
Germany
9 Posts

Profile of moselzauber
Pete, that's the reason why I bought it ... Smile

Ben, I found this passage in one of his emails in February:

"...I have been picked up by murphys magic so they are going to be distributring my dvd but you will still be recieving your copy from me...."

You've contact to Murphy, too? Or, anybody else here in the Café?
Maybe we could get some information there?

Getting back my money from PayPal seems to be difficult due to the elapsed period since payment. They've a deadline and, after it, no chance to revoke it... :-(

It seems that I have to learn the hard way.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I have not contacted Murphy's- I hadn't realized there was a distribution deal.

Try sending them an email to see if they have the dvd- maybe that'll give us an idea what's going on.

Best,
BEN
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10770 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
One question: why would you want money back?? A product was purchased, you took a chance, and it was terrible. Lesson learned. Like buying a lotto ticket; you lost, now you want your money back.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2010-04-23 14:29, vinsmagic wrote:
One question: why would you want money back?? A product was purchased, you took a chance, and it was terrible. Lesson learned. Like buying a lotto ticket; you lost, now you want your money back.
vinny

Not sure that analogy works here. When you purchase a product, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to actually receive the product.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10770 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
If you didn't receive the product, then this is a @#$# rip off.
I did not read the whole post.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
I don't know how this "pre-order" idea got started, but if Slydini himself came back from the beyond and asked me to pay for his new DVD that wasn't produced yet, I'd tell him to forget it.

Having good magical ideas is one thing. Having the business ability to produce and distribute a professional product is something else altogether.

We all need to quit financing other people's pet projects. Let's see if they can deliver first. Right now, this fella has ZERO credibility. Too bad. There was once a time when he could have sold me a video.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
moselzauber
View Profile
New user
Germany
9 Posts

Profile of moselzauber
Happy ending....?

Email yesterday:

"Hello,
I am sorry for not answering sooner. I have been living in the forest for the last few months and have not had internet access. I am happy to inform you that the DVD, although plagued with serious delays is finally pressed and ready to ship, and I will be having Murphy's magic shipping you out your copy as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience!
-Scott"

We'll see...
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
That's nice. I hope it works out and look forward to the reviews.

There are dozens of factors that can delay a DVD project. We had one that took 3 1/2 years to complete. The moral is: Don't sell it or promote it until the product is actually in hand.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
471 Posts

Profile of ekins
It looks like something happened with Murphy's because, apparently, it's being sold exclusively by Magic Geek.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&0
lui
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin, Germany
108 Posts

Profile of lui
That’s a pity, because just the shipping to Germany costs the same as the DVD now. I’ll have to wait until it turns up elsewhere, or 'til it's available secondhand.
moselzauber
View Profile
New user
Germany
9 Posts

Profile of moselzauber
If anyone sees Mr. Strange in future: kick him in his....
equivalent to $30 + shipping.
sclitsome
View Profile
New user
Jamaica's Alright
47 Posts

Profile of sclitsome
Just so you guys know, Mr Moselzauer got his DVD. No need to kick me in my anything.
Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » New Spongeball Technique (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL