We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Prestige Prediction?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
As an owner of the MPS, I am wondering what is the Prestige Prediction, its listed on Magic Auction....curious if anyone owns this?
leoillusion
View Profile
New user
Atlanta GA
96 Posts

Profile of leoillusion
Its the same thing as the MPS just not built as good.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I gathered that...I think the difference is the tube that comes with the MPS, that really sells it further.
leoillusion
View Profile
New user
Atlanta GA
96 Posts

Profile of leoillusion
Well that depends on you or rather us, I spoke to a few people about the effect and if its in a tube or a sealed envelope there is just a small difference, I personally like the envelope because in my show I pull out the sealed envelope before the effect and I have the person on stage sign it and then place it back in the box and then proceed with the effect, it kills em!
Leo
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I use the envelope method. But the tube is a great effect.
INMOTION
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
182 Posts

Profile of INMOTION
The cylinder (tube) being referred to does hold the prediction, whether it be an envelope, signed envelope, folded up paper, deck of cards, etc. Removing from your prediction chest a large cylinder with lid that has a prediction inside makes much more sense than just pulling out an envelope from a chest. What I don't like about the Prestige Prediction, is that it looks like a prop and I don't like the perfectly matched chest and table!
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
You are right there! It does look like a prop. And this is why I stayed away from the tube version.. not to mention the price.

Nothing magical about a hanging envelope and bar stool! Works every time... and costs under 30.00.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3645 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
The MPS tube sells the trick further ONLY if you have some idea as to the workings of the trick. To a layperson, there's no difference between pulling out the tube or pulling out an envelope. The first time I saw MPS on TV, my first reaction was "why is the prediction in the tube?" It then occured to me that the tube was too big to be hidden anywhere, therefore had to be in the box at all times. I don't know if most people would think it through this much. (At that time, I had no idea how it worked).

As to the Prestige Prediction, the audience makes no connection between the box and table, even though they look like props. It appears the table was finished to look like the box, in order to appear like something a magician would use.

People expect that and there's no suspicion raised.

Either method has the ability to completely fool the socks off someone.

Jim
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Great input guys. I own a MPS by Wellington and can tell you that it floors people, but I often wonder how people perceive it. It would be interesting to do some kind of sit down with 10 people and get there thoughts on it (dont worry, this is just hypothetical for those of you who might thing I would do it...lol)

Jimhlou makes some good points...I guess I am just curious about the quality...does anyone who has posted actually own a Prestige Prediction or anyone on here own one...

Thanks.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3641 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Only comment I would make is that it is a "prop".

An envelope and chair are not.

B
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
966 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Just seen the new Wellington version...

just stunning ,Bill has outdone Himself.
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
107 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
Leo, nice the Idea of the people signing the envelope before, I gues you could do it with the MPS with a big white sticker. Wath do you say?

regards

henry
"May the Magic be with you"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Prestige Prediction?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL