We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Wolverine Formula (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
567 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
And the last DVD which is yet to be released yet is...

Sneak Peek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3cokBO98qI

The Wolverine Formula
This one is my favorite one. Many people have come out with pen thru cards and dollar bills that have unexaminable bills or cards or pens. Not this one! An awesome effects named after the perfect superhero healer, Wolverine.
You have a card selected and signed. You borrow a normal pen. You push the pen through the card and have the spectator pull it all the way through. This can be done completely surrounded and the card can be shown on all sides. You have the spectator hold a corner of the card. Now with no cover you rub your thumb across the hole and it instantly heals. You lift your hand off of the card and it is immeadiatley examinable with the same signature and no switched at all and can be kept forever. This effect can be done with a dollar bill and/or a business card. Everything can be given out and kept with nothing to be found. This is the ultimate penetration effect. My personal favorite a gift to the community.

P.S. The cropping in the 2nd effect was due to my brother walking in frame with his shirt off and Im sure no one wants to see that LOL

Coming Soon!
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
WOW! Looks great!
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
Great work Jordan! Very impressive. When do you expect it on the market?
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of papawemba
One word : amazing !!
Hope to see this one real soon on the market Smile

Nicolas
Cory Chapin
View Profile
Loyal user
Of God!
270 Posts

Profile of Cory Chapin
Jordan, AMAZING!!!
Followers can be leaders if they just turn around.
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
It looks like the first "real" penetration effect for me!
I want to buy it!
WALTHER
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
It looks too good!

Mike
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6503 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Unfortunately this looks like something an Italian magician once put out. I believe it was either Vanni Bossi or another Italian magician.
He did a lecture in the Magic Castle about two years ago and demonstrated this.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
That was my first impression, too. It was Vanni Bossi. But, it says that the dollar bill or playing card can be examined afterwards, doesn't it??

Robert
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6503 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 21:15, Robert M wrote:
That was my first impression, too. It was Vanni Bossi. But, it says that the dollar bill or playing card can be examined afterwards, doesn't it??

Robert

I'm torn between Vanni Bossi and Tony Binarelli... those two guys did lectures at the Castle a few years back and one had the exact same effect with a bill. I do remember that we looked at it closely and couldn't tell what's happening. When he described the method we were all startled.

Greg
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Greg,Is this the effect?
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 11:56, demente42 wrote:
This effect is brand new never been used. It uses any bill (most foreign currency should work with this) and any pen or pencil. $12 shipped in the US.

RadioMagicLive.com had this to say about the effect during the British Ring Convention in 2006.

"Vanni Bossi (Italy) Well known in the magic world for inventions and creative thinking. His impromptu pencil through bill tends to leave one speechless."
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
567 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
So I've talked to Greg and discussed the version he is familiar with and by the way he describes it the methods are not the same if I think this Italian magicians one is done. Now this trick isn't impromptu with either version but with the dollar bill one once the special something is constructed, which takes maybe a minute and a half, it can be reused for multiple performances. So I'm pretty sure the methods are different and by the way the card and dollar bill are different in that they don't use the same thing to accomplish both effects, but they revolve around the same type of methodology.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6503 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 22:05, Glenn Watson wrote:
Greg,Is this the effect?
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 11:56, demente42 wrote:
This effect is brand new never been used. It uses any bill (most foreign currency should work with this) and any pen or pencil. $12 shipped in the US.

RadioMagicLive.com had this to say about the effect during the British Ring Convention in 2006.

"Vanni Bossi (Italy) Well known in the magic world for inventions and creative thinking. His impromptu pencil through bill tends to leave one speechless."

That's it!!! So Jordan has come up with another method to perform this... good for him and I wish him will in this venture.

greg
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
So, can you really hand the dollar bill (or playing card) out to the spectator at the end for examination or not? You can't hand out the bill using Bossi's method.

Robert
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
567 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Yes both can be immediately handed out for examination. Now just my own personal performing preference but when I perform the card I let them keep it and take it with them but when I do the dollar bill I prefer to provide the bill and have it examined before and after the effect instead of letting them have it, but everything is explained in the DVD for ways to do it with a borrowed bill or with your own.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
The Houdini Room at The Casa de Cool
1596 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
I hope you haven't started marketing this yet - The title needs to be changed for copyright reasons. Marvel Comics could really come after you (and they will). To stay with the concept I would change the title to Healing Factor. That's what the power the character possesses actually is - a healing factor - and that is a title/power that can not be trademarked or copyrighted.
Swing hard, swing often, and we'll catch ya on the Flip-Side!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
If you can hand out the dollar bill or playing card for examination, then this borders on real magic. Count me in. Thanks, Jordan.

Robert
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Looks very cool Jordan! Looks like ill be picking this one up!

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2416 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
This looks really good, and if the card can be given away , even better
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
567 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Thanks for the comments guys, I'm glad you like what you see. And no "ifs" Dave, it really can be given away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Wolverine Formula (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL