The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paper to print your own cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DavidLynn
View Profile
New user
Rural Victoria, Aus-(Oz)-tralia
43 Posts

Profile of DavidLynn
Using heavy stock paper, ensure you open the platens of the printer to prevent snagging of paper and resulting smudges(platens are the feeder rollers)

Use photo grade stock or...

when dry, use an aerosol dispensed lacquer paint. this helps seal the edges and adds to lasting ability of cards. do a couple of coats with light sanding each time to ensure a sheer gloss finish. Most lacquers are brittle in finish so talk to a paint dealer for a more flexible type. tell them the purpose is for protecting cards and wearability. they should point you in the right direction.

I have been known to water down lacquer with spirits and use an air brush too.

When laying out, I use MS WORD and the table function (with margins at extremes of printability minus 1 mm for safety. then by adjusting size of columns and rows can get excellent custom sizing of cards for my individual needs.

or use some of the ideas above.
I'm a cheapskate and love to do things myself if I can. Just a quirk of nature I think.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
When I was Building the Dr Jaks effect years ago I used Photo paper placed the card face and the card back, Back to back and laminated them together. worked well
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Use Krylon Workable Fixatif #1306 to put back the finish on the cards.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
I'll second The Giz's suggestion about "Versitile Monte and Beyond". Those guys really did the work for making your own custom cards.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paper to print your own cards? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL