The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review on The magic and manipulation of Geoffrey Buckingham DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I really enjoyed this video. If you are already a manipulator, this will give you several ideas for a coin routine, a thimble routine, a ball routine, or all three. Buckingham shows amazing skill and has some very good ideas for body loads. His routine is funny also. He goes over step by step setting up for the manipulation act. He then performs is (without explaination). But you saw him set up and you can figure most of it out. I would not recommend this for a beginner because he would have no clue what Buckingham is doing. I think that it would be a great companion to Buckingham's books "It's Easier Than You Think" volumes 1-3.

The second half of the video is more tricks and instructions with some great old school tricks on there. All in all Buckingham is a classy guy with a classy act.
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
FCPreacher,

How does the video compare with Jeff McBride's video or Salvano's?

Is it really good?
Does he explain a whole routine?
What routines does he perform?

Hengky
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
He does not explain the routine that he does. He just shows the set up step by step. He shows all his body loads then performs the routine. The second half of the video he explains effect he does then. Here are some of the effects he does:

Cards to pocket
Comedy rope trick
Do as I do (with cards)

And a few other stand up routines like that. Those are demonstrated and explained in detail.

It is not like McBride's videos where he does a routine then explains it.

Buckingham's routine is VERY good and entertaining. But as I said before, he does not explain it. I would recommend to anyone who buys this video or DVD to get the "It's Easier Than You Think" trilogy. They would compliment each other very well.

I hope this was helpful.

FC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review on The magic and manipulation of Geoffrey Buckingham DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL