We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The Mentalist is on right now (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mgclmystrymn
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mgclmystrymn
Finally caught the 11/11 episode. Very well done. Probably the best of the season so far.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17538 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How do we find out how many people are watching this?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
THE MENTALIST, CBS, 16,516,000 viewers on 11 November 2008, number 3 in time slot
Just below Dancing with the Stars.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/tag/the-mentalist/
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17538 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That good isn't it?
So CBS has two shows in the same time slot?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Densemann
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
22 Posts

Profile of Densemann
Quote:
16,516,000 viewers on 11 November 2008

plus one viewer in germany. thank you internet!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2008-11-17 04:51, Densemann wrote:
Quote:
16,516,000 viewers on 11 November 2008

plus one viewer in germany. thank you internet!

Yes, and in the uk Smile

And before anyone starts moaning I will be buying the boxset when it's available.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17538 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Best show ever this time IMHO.
His character was subtly dis-shelved the entire episode. His eyes seemed slightly reddened. Quite a change from the cocky Mentalist Smile
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
The bit at the end was a little odd though...Are we to believe that she deduced that information?

Barney
Always in motion is the future
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1257 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 23:02, barneyfife wrote:
The bit at the end was a little odd though...Are we to believe that she deduced that information?

Barney

Don't ruin it guys! I'm watching it right now. Fortunately the Fringe puts it past shows on the net.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Quote:

Barney

I think that type of information is very common. Pretending to be a psychic (in my experience) you have to basically put yourself in the persons position. Now, I do not claim to be a psychic, but if I am giving a demonstration of how psychics work...this is a very good mindset to be in. Put yourself in their shoes.

Now, back to the subject at hand. If you were a parent and your wife and child were murdered wouldn't you hope and wish that it wasn't painful or frightening for them?

To deduce that he would be thinking this question isn't to much of a stretch. You would have to expect that he thinks about it all the time and probably has MANY more questions and worries than that one. She probably just thought that question would be the most sure-fire. At least the writers thought so Smile.

Matthew Mello
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
Quote:

Barney

Uhmm, what episode?

I cant place it...Hehe...

Alel
Densemann
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
22 Posts

Profile of Densemann
Episode 7 - Great Show! Clash of the Titans: Psychic vs. Mentalist. Maybe we will see her again ... maybe in the next season.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17538 Posts

Profile of Slim King
She was a great character and a good balance for the mentalist.
She seemed caring and sensual with a blatant confession of causal involvements.
She must have been IN ON IT at the seance'. So she seems cooperative.

If she was being deceptive she would seemingly Run Like Hell from someone who could expose her.
But she didn't.
So her ego must be even larger than his, or she is "Interested" in the mentalist for other reasons Smile
Densemann
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
22 Posts

Profile of Densemann
Maybe she has the GIFT!
Love her. Great character!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-11-13 13:49, tboehnlein wrote:
Anyone any insight as to who the consultants for the show may be.

Gerry McCambridge
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17538 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 09:57, Densemann wrote:
Maybe she has the GIFT!
Love her. Great character!

I'm not sure who she is but she reminds me of that female BORG Leader in a weird way.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17538 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This one looks GREAT!!!!!!
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
312 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
In addition, the public is learning the term "Mentalist" and what they're supposed to be able to do, it's a great show done in good taste.
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
How much 'exposure' goes on in the show, if any? I don't know because I don't watch it. I've heard that simple 'techniques' and plenty of cold reading lines and mentalist's ploys are involved in some episodes.

16 million (+) people is A LOT of folks to share your precious cold reading lines with, LMAO!!! It seems the show has staying power, so how long do you think it will be before they start tipping things like CT's, Imp devices, swami's, OA stuff, etc?

Maybe this is not even what the show is about, I need to see it I guess. Until then I remain 'curious.'

-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
312 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
I haven't seen any exposure at all. It's on here right now.
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The Mentalist is on right now (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL