The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need Levitation Illusion Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I need to build (or possibly buy) a motor driven horizontal levitation illusion. It is going to be used in a large haunted attraction, so it will be used hundreds of time per night and literally tens of thousands of times during the season. So, reliability is a must. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Dave
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
We don't currently make a motor driven levi, but what do you guys think? Maybe the Gamolo? How high did you want the person to float, Dave?
Rich Hill
<BR>www.richhillsillusionshop.com
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
It is going to be used in a scene reminiscent of the Exorcist. A girl will rise up out of her bed. It needs to lift her high enough that the... er... victim can see between the bed and the hanging sheet/blanket. Does that make sense? The levitation itself need not be complex, but I don't think I want to have stage hands working one manually all night, hence needing a motor driven model.

Thanks for the response.

Dave
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Why not have her covered with the sheet so you can use an asrah form..should only take one person to work the rig.
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
Nice thought, Chris! A bed would be an excellent setting for Asrah, although we might have some "closeness" issues in a haunted house setup.
Rich Hill
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Hey Dave,

Check with Stan Kramien. I know he had one in his show and may be willing to rent it for the season.

Thanks,
Richard
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Dave:

As someone who has worked in both Magic and Haunted Atrractions for a VERY long time.. I can say:

you need something more than a motor driven levitation...

You need something MADE for that kind of use...

You can make an easily worked manual version by using a strong spring as a counter weight..

Or you an make motor driven one work much less hard by using counter weights or springs.. or with hydraulics..

A magic prop won't really do you a good service for a haunted house.
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Makeupguy---

I have been working on incorporating illusions into haunts for a number of years. I agree that this will have to be 'over-engineered' for haunt use. That is why my preference would be to find a good set of plans that we could modify for our use.

Thanks,

Dave
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
I'm pretty sure the one that Stan has is an Abbot's Astro Levitation, you can always reach him through stankramien.com

AC
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
How about using a feet first view and use an an asrah for the body and her body is really behind the wall board /wall of the bed and just have her head sticking out?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
leoillusion
View Profile
New user
Atlanta GA
96 Posts

Profile of leoillusion
Listen to Dennis, he is leading in the right direction!
Leo
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
Gale Molovinsky sells plans to his Gamolo Featherlite Levi - email gamolo@aol.com.
Rich Hill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need Levitation Illusion Plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL