We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Misled by Timothy Wenk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
Hy guys,

I would to know if this GREAT visual trick could be done with Euro bills ???

It looks cool, but I don't want to perform it in Europe with dollars; it's so much better with the national currency...

Thanx,

Franfran la Malice Smile
Franfran's magic, the real French Touch!
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Misled can be done with any bill from any country. Both the pencil & bill are real and can be examined.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This has been one of my top 5 favorite magic effects for about the last 15 years. Smile
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
This is also a favourite of mine! It gets great reactions and people want to see it again...and again...and again, it's really good!

Works with any currency, but the it's best if it's paper currency as opposed to the plastic bill currencies in places like Australia and Brunei (which is where I'm at!).

It's cheap, good and STRONG...BEST of all...it's examinable!

What are you waiting for?! Smile

All the best,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
The only constraint is that the handling would be awkward with very narrow notes. Great trick though.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17175 Posts

Profile of joseph
Copperfield chose it for his close up highlight on one of his specials. It is really good. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
It is the most "visual" pencil (pen) thru dollar! Only one minor drawback is that one of my friends, after watching my performance, said that one move (taking the pencil out from the bill before the going thru) is a bit strange.

Yet, maybe it's just my poor handling.

Hirase
In love with magic!
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
Thanx guys,

I'm already ordering it!!!

Franfran Smile
Franfran's magic, the real French Touch!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Good job Franfran!

You won't regret this! But work on your handling, unfortunately, this IS an angly trick (but not nightmarish!). The essential part of this illusion is realism, so that's where the practice should be targeted, at the realism of your performance - Tim explains it in the booklet, no worries.

All the best and tell us what you think!

Logan

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
It is good if you have the set up. Once, I broke the gimmick when lots of people were asking me to do it. I decided to learn David Harkey's pencil thru bill for some back up. Make sure you get the real Mislead and not the rip off.

Lee
MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
Misled is, in my opinion, the best and most visual pencil through dollar. No funny moves, everything is motivated, and the ending is absolutly killer.

If you watch carefully, as you melt the pencil through the fold in the bill, you will actually see your audience's jaws hit the floor in disbelief Smile

MagiCat Smile
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
I did this for a talent contest and for a minute I thought I flashed something after I finished the effect as all i heard was silence...as I looked up, I saw several jaws penetrate the floor...

A few seconds to settle in and the crowd went wild!

Hehehhe, it's really good stuff this!

Be careful with the gimmick though, try not to put too much stress on it.

All the best Smile

Logan

Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
The way I justify taking the pencil out during the last phase is I need to crease the bill -- I hold the pencil in my hand and crease the bill by running it between the pencil and my thumb while saying "We'll need a good crease for this." You also really need to twist the pencil when you put it back into the bill so everything is smooth. That last phase is so beautiful Smile
ecole66
View Profile
New user
Quincy Illinois
19 Posts

Profile of ecole66
I also love this effect. I had advertising pencils printed with my name and number and let them keep the pencil afterwards. Much better than a business card in my opinion, and not as expensive as you might think. If you are going to do this do not get them online as the color might not match. I learned this the hard way.

Anyone need a few hundred pencils(LOL),
Ernie
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Quote:
On 2003-04-13 18:41, Fred B. wrote:
The way I justify taking the pencil out during the last phase is I need to crease the bill -- I hold the pencil in my hand and crease the bill by running it between the pencil and my thumb while saying "We'll need a good crease for this." You also really need to twist the pencil when you put it back into the bill so everything is smooth. That last phase is so beautiful Smile

Oh! thanks Fred, I can justify this move now! Really thanks.

Hirase
In love with magic!
Webhead93
View Profile
New user
Florida
74 Posts

Profile of Webhead93
I remember as a kid watching Copperfield do this on TV. I taped the show and watched it in slow motion over and over and tried all night to figure out how it was done. I finally decided that the audience member who gave the bill must have been a plant and it was a trick bill. Boy was I way off. I've been looking through my old tapes trying to find that show now that I have the trick but can't find it. I seem to remeber him loading the pencil a little different on the 2nd phase. If anyone knows where I can get that show, let me know.

There is a pretty good demo video of Misled on penguinmagic.com done by Oz Pearlman. He justifies taking the pencil back out by using it to point at the bill where he wants to make sure the spectator is watching. Another way you could do it is pull the pencil out and let the spectator examine it quickly to prove that it is a regular pencil. Then proceed with the rest of the 2nd phase.

Mark
A. Mark Wilson
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
I think the hardest part about the whole thing is the getting ready of the 2nd phase, you have to be slightly accurate (is there such a term?) when putting the pencil back in - you can't take too long.

Try doing it without the gaff (the putting back of the pencil) and you'll see how fast it is. And then watch yourself doing it with the gaff, it takes a little longer - only practice can eliminate that!

Again, this falls into the 'realism' of the whole thing which I mentioned earlier Smile

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17175 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sankey and Harlan have impromptu versions that are really good, but IMO, for visual, real looking magic, Mislead is best. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Night_Crawler
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Night_Crawler
Is it a different gimmick then in the pen penetration type tricks?

Night_Crawler
wert
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of wert
Yes, different gaff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Misled by Timothy Wenk (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL