We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Misled by Timothy Wenk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
You have to watch out and make sure you buy the offical MISLED. I see a lot of rip off versions on eBay that claim to be the same one that Copperfield performed. The original one is far better in quality.
themagician64
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of themagician64
I got this one years ago and I still love it!
It's always part of my close-up routine. I carry it always.
may the Greats Live On!
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
Hi guys i got mine today, and it's really cool, but the gimmick looks SO fragile, I'm even scared to practice.

Do u guys know if it's possible to get just the gimmick, and where ???

Thanxxx

Franfran la Malice Smile
Franfran's magic, the real French Touch!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
the gimmick is fragile but if you are careful and keep it on a pencil all the time you shouldn't have to worry.
Webhead93
View Profile
New user
Florida
74 Posts

Profile of Webhead93
I don't think you can get just the gimmick but yours should have came with a coupon for a free gimmick in case it cracks. You just have to send all the pieces back plus shipping and handling. You could also try writing Metempirical Magic to see if you can just get the gimmick.

Mark
A. Mark Wilson
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
516 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Just a side note. By the way I love Misled and have performed it many times.

If you perform the routine exactly the way the instructions are written you will do the 2nd phase of the effect differently than when Copperfield did it on the special. David actually did the 2nd phase backwards. The effect still works though. David got ribbed quite a bit over that one from Tim Wenk.

S. Patrick
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Everyone keeps sayng the gimmick is weak...is it made of wood or plastic?
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
It isn't weak. It can be driven over with a truck and it will still last a lifetime.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17175 Posts

Profile of joseph
I still wonder how on earth Wenk ever thought of this.....great effect....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
The gimmick is stronger and more flexible than it looks. I stressed it out many many times to ensure smooth handling and it's still in good shape!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
722 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I have been doing this since it first came out. A week or two ago I was doing it at a "strolling magic" gig and a spectator asked to see the pencil. Without hesitation I handed him the pencil letting him pull it out of my closed hand. He got the pencil and the gimmick just stayed in my hand. He literally pulled the pencil out of the gimmick for me. On an off beat I ditched the gimmick and all there was left was an ordinary bill and an ordinary pencil and my empty hands to see. ..........It is one of my favorite effects too.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Timothy Wenk, FISM award winner, has a rope magic trick called Insomnia at MJMMagic. But it's out of stock.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
xenoguyglax
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of xenoguyglax
I'm really interested in buying this but want to combine it with another pencil effect.

Is it possible to do Mislead with any pencil? Ideally I want to do Mislead with Cesaral's psychokinetic pencil then go into that effect.

Would this be possible or would I need a particular kind of pencil?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Any regular looking pencil. Aslong as it looks like the one in the vids(like the pencil that it comes with) then you should be fine.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Matching the color is the thing you have to worry about. I went through a bunch of pencils a year or two ago trying to find a perfect match. There were several that were reallt close to my old gimmick. Rose Art made a pencil that turned out to be the closest match.

Regan
Mister Mystery
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I actually was kinda disapointed at how much the supplied pencil did NOT match my gimmick.

However, the handling really tends to negate this.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
I never show them the part where the gimmick sits. Its usually hidden, due to presentation.

As for the quality of the gaff: I've been using mine since 4 Years now, and it still works as new.
Just keep the gaff and the Pencil together (those who have it know what I mean) and it will be safe.

I love that thing. Since a while I do it with post-it notes, works allso great, escpecially with green or blue ones, it just looks very nice.
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
I'm joining the choir for Misled. It's an awesome piece of miracle.

It's been out for a long while and I once thought of having it a couple of years ago, it's just some problems with my local magic store so I didn't get it. But recently I saw it available in another local magic store and I decided to have it, after seeing so many great things about it.

And it turns out to be a really great effect. It's simple and direct. And as mentioned by the author, there are fine points where other similar effects cannot give. Some of you might be worried about the gimmick, but I can tell you after a couple of performances no one ever suspects about the gimmick (they didn't even tried to guess). I've shown to friends that knows a couple of magic and have very sharp eyes, all they did was grab the bill and see if I had any special fold, and of course there isn't any. There was a time I even openly ditched the gimmick right in front of my friend to my breast pocket... Trust me, they won't even suspect what they "should", and even if they do, it'll be the last thing they suspect =)

I just wonder if there happens to be other versions of that gimmick made for metallic pens. I've seen pens with the same shape as pencils and I hope I can have a version of that.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Illusion77
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
I actually have my original gimmick that I purchased in 1991 and it still works perfectly! And, the color matches any regular yellow pencil. I've actually performed with this hundreds of times.

Wonder why they changed the color?
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
What do you mean when you said that Copperfield did the second phase backwards? I perform it exactly like Copperfield and I love the effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Misled by Timothy Wenk (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL