The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Al Baker Compilation book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Anyone ordering this 900 page mammoth book? Al Baker was certainly ahead of his time, in the field of mentalism.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3045 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I've ordered it and I can hardly wait to receive it. If you purchased just one or two of the books reprinted in it, you'd probably be paying close to the price of this collection, so it's a bargain.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
"If you purchased just one or two of the books reprinted in it, you'd probably be paying close to the price of this collection."

Not so sure about that, lol, but if you are not familiar with much Baker stuff you are in for a treat.

There was a lot of Baker stuff in "The Lost Notebooks of J.N. Hilliard".
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
301 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I just ordered my copy. I didn't spring for the limited edition.

- Richard
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3045 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I wasn't kidding, Paul -- addall.com shows a price of $100 on Magical Ways & Means (Second Edition Books), and as much as $133.49 for Mental Magic (Alibris). The contents of both of these books, plus a lot more, are in the upcoming Baker collection.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Todd Karr
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
152 Posts

Profile of Todd Karr
Hi, everyone
The printer has promised to finish "The Secret Ways of Al Baker" this Friday. Once we receive copies, we will begin shipping them out. Thanks to everyone for their patience!
Best wishes,
Todd Karr
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Where do I order it on the web?
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Thank you very much, Law.
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
You can also buy it from Hocus Pocus, with a reduction on the published price.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
What is Hocus Pocus selling this book for?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1154 Posts

Profile of bekralik
http://www.hocus-pocus.com.
Seriously? For the benefit of those who don't have internet access (although it'd be a paradox if one is reading this), it's $110 there.
Brian
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-04-25 22:04, bekralik wrote:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com.
Seriously? For the benefit of those who don't have internet access (although it'd be a paradox if one is reading this), it's $110 there.
Brian

Brian,

Yes, seriously. I cannot navigate the Hocus-pocus site. I keep getting error messages any time I attempt to leave their home page, and navigate to a sub-page on the site. I have virtually given up trying to remedy the situation. I have tried all of the suggestions that Hocus-Pocus has posted on their site (I'm obviously not the only one with this problem), but to no avail. I don't understand what it is that Hocus-Pocus seems to think they need in their "source code"; but it has defeated me, and has prevented me from buying anything off of their site. All I get is the home page. When I click on a link, I get the error message and their canned suggestions about setting cookies to enabled, etc.

Thanks very much for the info. I'll contact Hocus-Pocus regarding the book.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
poire
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of poire
Is anyone in a position to outline some of the more "stellar" effects in this book?
ESP Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Falls View, Vermont
137 Posts

Profile of ESP Guy
Quote:
On 2003-04-21 12:05, toddkarr wrote:
Hi, everyone
The printer has promised to finish "The Secret Ways of Al Baker" this Friday. Once we receive copies, we will begin shipping them out. Thanks to everyone for their patience!
Best wishes,
Todd Karr

Has anyone received theirs yet? Do we have an update on delivery due date?

Thom
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I was told today by Todd that the books are in, and are being shipped as of today (May 7th)
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
301 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I was wondering why mine hadn't arrived yet. Glad to hear that the copies are shipping out today.

- Richard
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2020 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Finally was able to get this, anyone ever fully complete the book?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Al Baker Compilation book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL