The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Above Top Secret by John Sheets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
If you like Quantum Bender by John Sheets watch for his new DVD titled "Above Top Secret" for 4 great dollar bill effects from John's repertoire. These are all SUPERB items you will carry with you all of the time and will USE. They look great. John is a great thinker and these are just top notch. It will be out in about 2 weeks.

Tim
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Personally I feel john sheets should take care of the quantum bender DVD before hawking something new.

Quite offensive, this, actually.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The QB DVD is complete!!! It will be in people's mail boxes soon!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
371 Posts

Profile of Badger
I agree,

the quantum bender DVD, should of been in our mail boxes yesterday, I don't under stand what the hold up is?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4198 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I personally feel that the Q2 DVD is a wonderful bonus. I needed no DVD to perform quantum bender.

John Sheets has some new ideas to share? Bring them on!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Should of been in your mailboxes yesterday, sure. was it? no. will it be very shortly? yes. the master dvd is complete and the duplication process has started. so, free of charge to everyone, he has shot it, edited it, bought the dvd's, burned them, and will pay postage all by himself. too many more complaints and I say don't send it to the complainers.
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
194 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Quote:
On 2008-09-27 04:16, lunatik wrote:

. . . too many more complaints and I say don't send it to the complainers.

LOL Smile Looks like John Sheets is under your command.

Just to remind you all, this thread is on "Above Top Secret by John Sheets"

- Sam
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Uhhh, ok... lol YOU are now under my control bahahahaha, now strip down and act like a chimpanzee!
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2008-09-27 04:16, lunatik wrote:
Should of been in your mailboxes yesterday, sure. was it? no. will it be very shortly? yes. the master dvd is complete and the duplication process has started. so, free of charge to everyone, he has shot it, edited it, bought the dvd's, burned them, and will pay postage all by himself. too many more complaints and I say don't send it to the complainers.

Well, lunadik, when I bought qb2 from john the DVD was supposed to be with me within a month according to the personal email I got from him. So I consider it part of the deal, not a free extra. I paid for it and should have got it. His apathy has upset many. And your unbridled support for a clear offender of bad service is embarrassing.

And now we see him selling it at knock down prices, some sellers approaching half price? Disgraceful. But hey hopefully he makes a few bucks.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
There is a new retail price on the Quantum Bender of $500. A couple of dealers had the wrong price/wrong info which they are correcting. It's just like the real world. When I bought a flat screen TV for my home a year or two ago it was twice as expensive. I bought an iPhone and 6 -8 months later the new better iPhone came out at half the price. John brought the price down for 2 reasons: 1) with it appearing on the Blaine show there would be a demand greater than usual so he could take the risk in producing more units thus cutting his cost which he in turn passed on and 2) he wanted to try to creep down the price if at all possible despite loss to his profit so he could avoid tempting rip off productions who would put out an inferior but cheaper version. As far as the DVD is concerned I'd guess a date should not have been provided (I would not have recommend providing a date) but I can assure you having been involved in hundred of projects that some aspect is always late.. .you are relying on editors, authors, graphic artists, duplicators, etc. and each also has their own life, other projects, etc. I'm just glad the DVD will be out. John taught this to David Blaine and myself and it was great. But John is going way beyond his handling with various ideas. It's to bad people just assume someone is trying to jack them.

So back on topic.... when we ere with John in Vegas John showed us a lot of his various work including these great effects with bills. They are just superb.It is at the duplicator and being pushed through. One of the bill transpos not listed in the ad copy is one of the strongest effects in my mind. It is similar to an item released by Roger Klause but some nice changes.

Tim
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-09-26 18:21, Badger wrote:
I agree,

the quantum bender DVD, should of been in our mail boxes yesterday, I don't under stand what the hold up is?

Uh, I hate to divert the original topic of this thread again but I will. I have Quantum Bender. Will I automatically receive the DVD? That doesn't sound right. Sigh. Is there another list I need to get on?
Crimson-Death
View Profile
New user
Since 2006
88 Posts

Profile of Crimson-Death
Can anyone here actually describe what "Above Top Secret" is about for this thread? What are the individual effects?
Can't believe I have to waddle through unnecessary and irrelevant posts to learn about this topic. Kindly take the sense of free entitlement somewhere else, to the correct topics to be precise.

Unless, of course, you paid for "Above Top Secret" and have waited MONTHS for it arrive.
But no one paid for the QB2 DVD.
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5635 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-09-29 06:37, Crimson-Death wrote:
Can anyone here actually describe what "Above Top Secret" is about for this thread? What are the individual effects?
Can't believe I have to waddle through unnecessary and irrelevant posts to learn about this topic. Kindly take the sense of free entitlement somewhere else, to the correct topics to be precise.

Unless, of course, you paid for "Above Top Secret" and have waited MONTHS for it arrive.

Click ----> HERE

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1514 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
From the ad it says:
"these effects are sure to be international hits"
so I guess that we can use our english notes and still perform these effects?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I know the dvd is going to be available in English, French, and Japanese, hmmmmm, good question!
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-09-29 06:37, Crimson-Death wrote:

Does someone need a nap?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
You like psyche better, so it won't matter right? Smile
cnsheets
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of cnsheets
Ok, So I expect this to start off some flame on myself or on John, especially since this is my first post, but here goes.....this is just my opinion...and yes, I am his brother, so say what you wish about my defense of him, blood is thicker than water always......

I think all of you that are ranting and raving about the QB dvd need to back off a bit...

first, and without going into detail, unless you are close to John, you may not be aware of his current personal difficulties that John is currently going through, He is doing his very best to meet the demands of each and every one of you while still trying to focus on what he needs to do for himself. I am sure that every one of you have had difficult moments in your life that detracted and required you to change your focus and priorities. Show a little compasion, I am sure you would expect the same if you were in his shoes...

Secondly.... when you buy a car, do you depend on a DVD to tell you how to drive it? And do you drive it exactly like everyone else? No, you create your own driving style and habits based on your own capabilities and knowledge......
if you are really that dependant on a DVD and lack the creativeness and ability to develop something unique and make it your own then perhaps you should find another hobby......

and yes, the DVD is complete.......
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I think the main point here ref. the QB DVD is that is was never promised when you bought QB. There was certainly discussion it would be offered. I personally recommended to John it only be available on any new units sold. I'd be worried that if people just bought the DVD it ends up on some torrent site or idiot posts it somewhere. At least just offering it to those who buy the new units they'd have to be pretty crazy to negate their investment by offering it. It also keeps the secret and workings out of the hands of the curious for those of us who have made the investment. Just my two cents and I know some will disagree- that's cool. I know people hate to hear this but in the real world this happens... you buy an iPhone and it gets better and cheaper a few months later, you buy a flat screen TV or a laptop and a few months later it is cheaper and better. That's reality. John is a perfectionist and has put a lot of time into both the QB DVD and his new money DVD. I thank him for getting these done in his rough personal times.

Tim Trono
Flores Magic
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
54 Posts

Profile of Flores Magic
I agree with Tim. I produced the DVD with John and was the editor on the project as well. The DVD is finished. I had to work out some issues with the DVD. I do apologize for the delay on the DVD. I took on the project by myself and I tried my best to get it done as quick as I could. There is a ton of info on this DVD. The run time is around 75-80 min. The DVD is complete and is being replicated. If you have any questions or concerns let us know.

Also, thanks for your posts Tim.

-Darren Flores
Flores.Magic@gmail.com
http://www.FloresMagic.com
" Pick a card, any card "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Above Top Secret by John Sheets (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL