The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jay Mattioli's O.L.B.S. 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I see that Jay Mattioli has released an updated version of his O.L.B.S. 2.0 (Orange, Lemon, Balloon Shoe.) If I recall correctly the earlier reviews noted the routine as quite good but the quality of the prop itself was not very sturdy. Has this been improved? I wonder how this compares to the Dirt Eradicator where I know Fairchild's construction is always excellent.

Thanks,
Dan.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I'm also curious about whether it can be used in a parlour setting, or just on stage? the shoe vanish appears to be the same method as the Dirt Eradicator, so I'm guessing it's really only good for stage use....
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
V1.0 goes over well in parlour setting. If V2.0 is the same table basically (it looks to be from the video), I would think you could use also for Birthday Party shows.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
V1.0 goes over well in parlour setting. If V2.0 is the same table basically (it looks to be from the video), I would think you could use also for Birthday Party shows.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Although it can be done in any situation, it's to big to be carring in along with the other props.

BTW, Jay does it very well!
Dennis Michael
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

I've received OLBS 2.0 and am very impressed. I ordered directly from Jay and found his communication to be excellent. The table is very sturdy and easily used as a normal performance table throughout a show with a simple and minor adjustment. I have not yet had the pleasure of using this in a show but the routine is very adaptable and clean from most all angles close or far. The table will require a few minutes to setup but only involves 4 bolts with wingnuts. I've got my music cues set and am planning to try this out in a show after the New Year. I've been eager to add a shoe routine for some time and just never made the jump to the Wiz Kote ... I think this will fit my needs perfectly as this seems like a lot of fun to perform.

Dan.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Just following up on my use of the OLBS 2.0. The routine is outstanding and easily personalized to your style. As expected, this has been great fun to perform. My current presentation fills about 7 minutes and has played well for all ages (4 up.) While the table assembly is not complicated, it does take a few minutes to set up and may be more than want you might want for a simple B-Day show. Angles are very clean from most all sides and plays very big in most any venue.

I hope that helps.

Dan.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I’m planning on purchasing this item within the next year (would like it for my holiday programs). Is there any issue with the children being on the same level as you? How close can the children be to it?

Thanks, this item has been on my wish list since the first time I saw it.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I have V1, but just want to throw in that I port it around in my Toyota RAV4 no problem. If I take it with my Lefler table and a few other items (rabbit cage and Funhouse), I can go ahead and use in birthday party. I don't take it apart between shows.

On Ryan's issue of children being on same level (or below) I really don't think it is any problem. The shoe appears so suddenly that no one is the wiser as to how, even if they're just sitting 10 feet in front of you.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

I agree completely with Mumblemore's comments and can confidently say that that kids could be just a few feet away without concern. I never thought about transporting it assembled as that could work. I have an ATA case (a monitor case) which I bought on eBay and it holds this perfectly.

Dan.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Does it play well for your shows? For your typical house birthday party?

Patrick
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

It plays nicely in most any show; however, the prop is a big large and space can be a limiting factor for you. The performance area in many living room shows can get to be a bit claustrophobic. I use mine more in upgraded shows and larger venues but use as a performance table at times throughout my show when this is in the rotation.

Dan.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Dan,

Awesome. Thank you for letting me know. I still think I will get it for those larger venues. Does it pack down at all for transport?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

It diassembles quickly and easily. There are a couple of screw for the table top and base. I bought an ATA case from eBay to transport mine.

Dan.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I think I'm going to get this to close my show. I noticed there is a new "lightening" version.

Mark
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Just ordered one of these... so anxious

Gary
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Just got mine in. Very well made and an excellent DVD. I am looking forward to years of service.
dsachoff
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of dsachoff
Just for the record I love this! Have used it to close all my kid shows for the past year and it absolutely kills. I do a different routine than Jay, but it still plays very well. Sturdy and travels well. Really got my moneys worth with this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jay Mattioli's O.L.B.S. 2.0 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL