The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » coin ovations / Reed MClintock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10634 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This is one of the best DVDs on coins avaliable, Reed's moves are flawless and the beautiful part is that he does not uses any gaffs. His 13 coin matrix will blow any one away.

I had the pleasure of meeting Reed at the Magic Castle several months ago. Not only is he a wonderful magician, but also a wonderful person.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
I ordered it from Hocus Pocus yesterday.
Smile
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
AAAAAAAAH! All these great coin videos and they are all DVD! (I only have vhs)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10634 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This video might be in VHS, but I'm not sure.
VINNY

Nevertheless, the material rocks. I suggested you get a VCR that handles VHS and DVD.
Come check out my magic.

Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
See the discussion in the "Show me the money" section.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10634 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi, Curtis. I also have your Palms of Steel; a great DVD; incredible.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Vinny,

How is the material on this DVD compare with David Stone's material? Which one is better?

I like David Stone's routine and his routine blew me away and I have never seen Reed's performance.

How does his skill compare with David Stone?

Hengky
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10634 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hengky,
It's like comparing apples and oranges. Both are wonderful coin mechanics.
I recommend Stone's DVDs as well as Reed's;
I really could not choose which one is better, What I like is that no gaffs are used and all the effects are inpromptu. that's all I can say . Both Stone and Reed are recommended in my opinion.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
I am glad to hear that he is not using gaffs to do the 3 fly routines listed in the contents. I was reluctent to but the DVD until two of you mentioned the effects are gaffless. I was worried these were more of the "flipper/shell" type variations. Thank you guys!
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I think they meant that the trick with all of the coins the 13 coin trick is gaffless. I hate to be the one to tell you that the Regular three fly and elbow knee and neck use a shell. However it is used in a very unassuming manner. The international three fly does not use a shell or flipper. It does make use of a gimmick that most coin guys have but very rarely use.
This trick has gotten alot opositive reactions from magicians all over the world not to mention my audiances that are not magicians.
The international three fly structure is so thought out that the audiance will in there mind come to the conclusion that you must use six coins but then it is completely impossible because thay clearly only see three at all times. All that are ever seen openly is three coins. This is a stone cold fooler. I have made a real lating impression with people with this effect.
Just a few cents worth and wanted to clarify for you.
I will say in all of my material you will NEVER find any flipper coin work. Because I will never ever ever use the gaff.
taa
Reed Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Reed, don't you ever have problems classic palming soft coins due to the worn edges? It seems they'd be hard to control.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

I used to have problems in the beginning. I just continued to use them and gradually I got more and more proficiant with them. I also learned to control them. I do put a bit of a mill on them and here is how. I use my closet door track. I put a coin in the track and put a heavy duty file top of the coin and roll the coin with the file back and forth a few times. This gives a little bit of an edge, without hurting or distorting the coin at all.
I hope that tip helps.
cheers
Reed Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Gidon
View Profile
New user
Tacoma, Wa
80 Posts

Profile of Gidon
Reed,

Do you go for silver halves in the form of Kennedys or walking liberties? And why do you pick the coins you do (liberties or Kennedys)?
Chris Harland
"No WAY...wait...do that again."
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

I love to use the barbar halves. They are thinner than most halves allowing for more to be hld out. They look magical, they are very soft and I just feel very comfortable with them. I like the visual appeal to them as far as the style and essence they fit me for some reason. I just always liked them so I worked out the control. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2003-04-15 20:16, Reed McClintock wrote:
I will say in all of my material you will NEVER find any flipper coin work. Because I will never ever ever use the gaff.
taa
Reed Smile

Thanks, Reed. Is there any particular reason why you will never use a flipper coin?

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

I am probably the only guy in the world who after careful study and more hours than I care to think about, wasted on this partricular gimmick. I feel it is a prop that I have enough in the construction of the routines that I do, that I need to think about when entertaining. I do not want to think about or better yet say worry about a gimmick as un-reliable as the flipper coin. if it is to loose, if its to tight, if it is about to break or worse yet, break in the middle of a routine and ruin the magic. It is to tempermental, and I just don't want to have those worries when I am performing for a paying audience.
I know there are lots of guys that are very good and very talented that use this particular gimmick in their work, I will let them to it. I gave it a good ol college try, and figured a shell works better eliminates all of the worries of a flipper and is far more deceptive than a flipper. I have thought about it and have never been fooled by a flipper coin and I have been fooled with shells even the other day I got fooled by a sneaky shell. For me I will stick with THE SHELL. I gave my flipper coins away and got more shells and have not looked back.
Remember You asked, these are my opinions and I am entitled to them. So anyone looking for a debate about pros and cons will not get it from me. Nor will anyone convert me back to the evil ways of the flipper coin. lol Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

hat trick
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of hat trick
On the subject of flipper coins, Steve Dusheck came out with a coin gimmick called "Slippery Sam" back in the 70's. It's a shell coin with half the rim cut off. With this gimmick, you can do all the flipper coin effects and a whole lot more. It's one of the best under used coin gimmicks around. Eric DeCamps has a great routine in his "Compositions of Conjuring" lecture notes using this gimmick. BTW, all the material in these lecture notes are "workers". It's the best set of notes I've ever seen published. Todd Lassen could easily make this gimmick. It would be definitely worth your time and money.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Yah, someone took this gaff and got rich off of it. Smile

Lee
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

I got my flipper from Todd quite sometime ago. Most of my coins are Todds. I love his work.
Pyro, I got that little zinger. I don't think some of the folks got it but I did it was funny, in a quite look in the eyes and a nod sort of way. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Back to plugging Reed:

Just got the DVD yesterday and I had to recover before writing about it. Great material for workers and can be used in almost any close up/stand up situation. Reed has a confidence and panache that is hard to beat among coin magi and his material is a reflection of this ability. A must have for people interested in the direction coin stuff is heading and has been heading during the past few years.

Woo hoo!
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » coin ovations / Reed MClintock (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL