The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess who's going on The Simpsons? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
I believe that Tony Blair is not only a great fan of The Simpsons, but has recorded a voice over for a cartoon animation of himself to be shown in a future edition. Previous 'guests' include Bill Clinton. I wonder whether one day they will be knocking on the door of The Holy Father, The Pope, - or maybe HRH QE2? I would also like to see the now disappeared Iraqi Information Minister on The Simpsons, although they say he is going as spokesman for Railtrack (British joke!). Can you remember a list of names who have 'appeared' with Marge, Homer, Bart etc?
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
'I would also like to see the now disappeared Iraqi Information Minister on The Simpsons, although they say he is going as spokesman for Railtrack (British joke!). '

LOL! Yes, I am British but I live in hope that an American will one day understand British humour. My sister has a South Korean friend who has lived over here for a while and is studying British comedy. She watches things like Fawlty Towers and Black Adder and just doesn't get it. Good old Tony Blair.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I love British comedy. And I'm American. So there you go. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
As a Canadian, most of those I know find British humour the funniest. I remember Fawlty Towers being so funny it almost keeled my dad over he was laughing so hard (the episode with the corpse, I think), and every guy I knew in high school could quote hours of Monty Python, The Goodies, or The Two Ronnies. My parents still watch re-runs of "Are You Being Served" over and over.

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
The 'Blair Simpson Project' is straight up by the way - he will be on the show!

Re: Koreans not understanding Fawlty Towers, - well this is just normal behaviour to them isn't it?

Now who else has been on the show apart from Bill Clinton? I can remember Willie Nelson and Tony Bennett for starters.
Gambit
View Profile
New user
Reading, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Gambit
yeah it appears they're trying to do an England-based episode, with Tony Blair advising on tourism... and JK Rowling also appearing on the show.
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
I know Canadian's enjoy British humour. Barry Welsh is huge there someone told me. By the way Barry Welsh is a comedian and only on in Wales but he is *** funny.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
The Simpsons has been sort of a standard for a long time to show that you have "made it" as a celebrity, even if they are making fun of you. Off the top of my head, other than the ones already mentioned, the guest stars I can remember are:
The Rolling Stones
U2
The Smashing Pumpkins
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Aerosmith
Tom Jones
Alex Baldwin
Kim Bassinger
David Duchovney
Gillian Anderson
Penny Marshall
Paul and Lynda McCartney
George Harrison
Ted Danson
Woody Harrelson
Kelsy Grammar (Sideshow BOB)
David Hyde Pierce
Kathleen Turner
Adam West

I know there are a LOT more, but I really can't remember at the moment.

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Also the Who, Michael Jackson, and Spinal Tap (although they hardly count since their bass player already does most of the voices on the show).

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
felix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of felix
I think Penn and Teller have been in one episod, also Richard Gere, Elton John, Sting and Mel Gipson.

Yours Felix
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Guess Who's NOT going on the Simpsons? I find it quite amusing to read that England soccer Captain David Beckham is apparently not big enough to have a cameo role on The Simpsons!!

Nice to hear that somewhere there is someone who is not willing to stand on their head with a 260E modelling balloon inserted in their rear end whilst reading War and Peace backwards to try and attach themselves to the Beckham name!!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I would likem to see JOE MILLIONARE on the Simpsons..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guess who's going on The Simpsons? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL