The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EXile » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Although not out yet, I was alerted to this by those in the U.S who saw the David Blaine special, checked it out on T11 due for release 10.10.08, put my preorder in already, looks like a proper killer although I think I've twigged how its done. I'll be sitting watching the post box from the 15.10.08 waiting like a little kid!

Anyone else going for this?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
...Seemed a bit obvious, the marks from the coin (pressed into palm with thumb) didn't really match the ones drawn at the start.

GS
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Don't think lay people will realise the size of the x's, also theres no x's to compare it to

have a feeling this will kill if you have any creativity
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Is this similar to the doodle pen sold by Murpheys and astonishment project?
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
I wanted to ask this too.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Does it come with gimmick quarter?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Yes, it is similar to the Doodle pen but not quite the same. I don't see why this effect shouldn't kill for laypeople, you can use other small shapes instead of the X's.
jonraiker
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of jonraiker
Just wanted to clarify. The Magic Doodle Pen was NOT the effect used in the "Dive of Death" special.

Mathieu Bich conceived and created eXile alongside the DB crew - and that exact effect was performed by Blaine on the special. eXile includes every piece needed to learn and perform the effect.
// jon.raiker
:: vp, interactive / theory11.com
e. jr@theory11.com
t. twitter.com/jraiker
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
And you can use it with any coin of any currency
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1480 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I am interested in this effect, but just want to clarify that at the end the spectator can easily wipe clean the 'x' (or whatever you choose to use). I am assuming this is so, because I don't want to end up leaving ink stains on my spectators palms... I have never seen the doodle pen.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Well you don't want it to wipe off to easily or it may seem fishy, maybe carry some wet wipes with you, I'm sure a good scrub would work
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
Quote:
On 2008-09-28 07:40, shield wrote:
I am interested in this effect, but just want to clarify that at the end the spectator can easily wipe clean the 'x' (or whatever you choose to use). I am assuming this is so, because I don't want to end up leaving ink stains on my spectators palms... I have never seen the doodle pen.

I think you're missing the point somewhat; the marks should be of the 'permanent' type. Just ask at the outset "...I'm going to draw some marks on your palm, in permanent ink, is that OK...?"

And for those of you who always like to give away a souvenir (jeeeeez) hand them a small scrubbing brush...

GS
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2155 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I think it's a neat effect. Can someone assure me it's more than the ashes on the palm trick but with the coin doing the dirty work?
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Nice!
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
I preordered this also. Lay audiences love ink transfer affects, now imagine an ink transfer effect on someone's hands. They'll be starting at their hands the whole night! After seeing this done on the DB special, I really liked it, but I never thought it would be marketed so quickly. Very much looking forward to this, looks like a winner.
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2612 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I did enjoy watching this on the Blaine Special just waiting for reviews before I order.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Don't think you need to wait on reviews to be honest, what you see is what you get, obviously to us the method isn't that hard, but once you have borrowed a quarter, done a false transfer and placed it on there hand does that make it seem more believable, as soon as that coin is lifted you have 5 seconds of misdirection to switch coins again, if you cant do a coin switch in 5 seconds this trick isn't for you
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
My question is, the picking up of the x's in eXile does it use the magic doodle pen? Cos I don't want to buy the same thing. I would go with eXile, for the presentation, and the coin bit and then go crazy with brainstorming other ideas.

Anyone knows?
Yours,

Ivan
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
No its not the magic doodle pen apparently, similar though
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EXile » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL