The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EXile » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
sal
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of sal
This seems to me to be a lot like Stampead put out by Rocco and D-lite with a wipe off twist -- HUMM PRETTY NEAT IDEA MIGHT JUST GET IT.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Has my interest for sure.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man, I checked out t11, and it's sold out before it's even released!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Hopefully T11 will replenish the stock so that I can use this for the holidays - unfortunately not this Halloween Saint...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I sure hope we get these this week. I heard they were shipped on friday. Smile Really looking forward to this!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
What's up with it being sold out?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I'm waiting for mine to arrive as well. Smile
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of MSD921
I ordered from MJM a few weeks ago. No word from them yet.
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow =)
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2008-10-19 18:57, palmtreemagic! wrote:
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow =)

Let us know what you think when you use it!
Like Star Wars? Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift"
http://www.mattsconce.com/the-gift/

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Look I don't know the method or anything like that but if it is what I think then the first thing I thought when I saw this was X-pert. so I might need to get another one of those.
shak
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of shak
Anyone receive theirs yet?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Blueroyalty posted a review under Tricks & Effects!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
I received mine also

The DVD was very short, only 16 minutes long and one performance. The instructions were kind of rushed but also pretty clear. I did have to rewind a few times. The effect itself is very practical and I will try this out after I get the presentation down well. You really only need a quarter, a pen, and a little something else for this effect to work and will obviously not take up a lot of pocket room. The bonus effect is also pretty good.

I didn't really care about the short DVD, but the one thing that did annoy me was the special gimmick supplied was different than the one Daniel White used in the video and the gimmick supplied is far less usable. It probably only costs a few bucks in the store for the gimmick that Daniel White uses, but it's still annoying to be supplied a cheap gimmick. Besides that, everything else that was supplied was quality and should last hundreds of performances.

however, if you liked the effect on David Blaine's special, I would get this. 9.5/10 for the effect, 8/10 for the packaging and DVD
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Quote:
On 2008-10-19 16:36, MSD921 wrote:
I ordered from MJM a few weeks ago. No word from them yet.

Just as an update, MJM was one of the first to order these, and like all dealers, we were told by Theory 11 that they would ship around the 10th of October.

However, due to a delay on their end, this preorder date got pushed back. We informed all of our customers about it via email, but since I wasn't aware that this was posted here, I will copy below the exact response from Theory 11 as it was given to us a few weeks ago:

"Today has been a crazy hectic day all around here at theory11. In simplest form, we have bad news to report. I'll start with the bad news. Both Mathieu Bich and I have been on the phone and generating a flurry of emails all day with the supplier of one of the key components of eXile. The package of supplies was supposed to arrive in our warehouse yesterday, but it did not show up. After countless phone calls and emails over the past 24 hours, we found out that the package has not yet been shipped from France by the supplier - and would not be shipped until Monday.

We screamed, yelled, and kicked, but we were told there was nothing we could do to expedite the process any further. Both Mathieu Bich and I personally worked on trying to speed this up all throughout the night (literally - because of the time zones), but our efforts were fruitless. We tried our best, but it appears that it will be one extra week before shipping. Using inferior quality materials was not an option for us, as the materials provided with eXile are the exact materials used by DB on the special - we refused to settle for anything less.

If we can do anything at all to expedite the process any further - we will continue pushing, and we have already arranged for the fastest shipping option humanly possible from France to our warehouse."

That being said, the good news is that our first batch already shipped out to us on the 21st, and should be arriving (and shipping to our customers) any day now. We've also sold out of that first large preorder batch, and we're currently waiting for the second batch to ship, so anyone who happens to preorder this with us now will still be on that second round of DVD's which will hopefully be shipping out to us next week.

Hope that clears things up for the MJM customers on this board. You're always welcome to contact us through our site if you have further questions.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I got mine in the mail yesterday. I like the effect. It took me a few minutes to get the pen put together w/ the ink cartridge. Initially it got stuck in the bottom of the pen. It took forever to get it out. Anyway, I was shocked to see what the special props were to help make the ink vanish. I used to play with this stuff when I was a kid! I won't expose what it is though. Very cool concept. I just wish I thought of it!
Brian
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1575 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Maybe Dan should let us know what kind of pen should we get after used up the supply attached with the DVD... which he did not mentioned inside DVD contents.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Excellent question!
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
220 Posts

Profile of baggins321
Hopefully something where the ink isn't PURPLE. Its just like the magic doodle pen. In my opinion black ink would be much less suspicious then purple ink on a spectator's hand. But maybe I'm just paranoid.
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
It is different then the magic doodle pen. The ink is blue and doesn't erase the same way that the magic doodle pen does.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EXile » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL