The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Ovations by Reed McClintock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
Is this a new video by Reed McClintock?
Any DVD version?

Thanks
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I think it's available on DVD from MagicSmith. Yes, I believe this is a new release from Reed.
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
Just ordered it.. Smile
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
If you guys see it before me let me know. How it looks. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Reed aren't you kind of scared on how it turned out? What happens if the DVD is very bad?

Lee
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

What if. What if we had a nuclear war, what if my father had been nice to me, Life is to short. Lee I can't worry about what other people do. I am only responsible for the product I release and my actions. I doubt that magic smith has ill intentions. I am sure they are offering a quality product. They have never sold junk before and they are very reputable.

To start with, mine would suck and be silly. When it comes down to it a friend once told me take a trip about 2 or 3 miles above the earth and look at your problem from that perspective it gives you clarity. Life is to short. Smile I will see it in a day or so. If it is good or bad will be what you think not me. I have no opinion one way or the other. I know all of those effects intimately and they have paid my rent on several occasions so we will soon see.

Reed McClintock 2003

Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Chill out, Lee. If Reed's DVD is bad I wouldn't be going to Vegas for the Coinvention. I missed his show in L.A. and am looking forward to meeting him in Vegas. I'll be one of the first in line at the local magic store (Hollywood Magic) for his DVD. The man is awesome!
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Tony
I humbly thank you for your kind words.
I thank you very much, you have always supported me in all of my endeavours. I appreciate that very much. It takes a big man to stand up for someone, who clearly does not like confrontation, that being me.

This guy Lee has questions, which is fine with me. I will be more than glad to hear them and answer them as best I can.

I am sometimes pretty naive as far as realizing someone is slamming on me through the computer, with posting things. I don't feel like he was posting just to be
obnoxious. I think his question was legit, And no sarcastic tone was meant in his post... But if not and and he was, well there he is slamming on me and I did not notice it. But if someone asked me that question legitmately, I believe that is how I would answer it also..

Cheers

P.S. I am excited to see you at coinvention in Vegas, this is going to rock. I know Curtis and Danny are working hard to bring this thing together. It is awsome to have a dream and then make it come true. That is exactly what coinvention is and was, a dream that has come true for Curtis and I.

WE are stoked that we get to make magic history with this first ever coinvention not card tricks lol. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Reed,

Life isn't perfect, unfortunately. From time to time these things are expected and if we were to live in a perfect world it would be too boring. Obviously everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Unfortunately, some of them are simply uncalled for. I have seen your material which is why I stand behind you and do agree with Curtis on your talent (who wouldn't have asked you to perform in his last DVD if you didn't have this great ability as few of us do).

Regards,
Tony
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

WOW, THANK YOU and thank you again, very much really from my heart. I am touched, here is why. Many magicians will say or see that a great magician is good but when a magician really blows another magician away to kingdom come visually with a faboulous piece of magic, they will very rarely ever show any emotion. I think that is why I have stopped performing for magicians as much now Because I love a real non magical knowledge based audience reaction to my magic.

I thank you for sharing that with me because I do not, wait, almost never get it from My peers almost never hear it from my peers. I mean I hear it all the time from my clients and guests that I cater to when Performing.

We all know we're always getting better. But it is nice to receive Kudos every now and again from your peers. I again thank you with a great big

(((HUG)))

Sorry I am big hugger and hug everybody I know so it's all good. Don't think this is a hug in a funny sorta way.

cheers
Reed

Reed McClintock 2003

Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I can't say I've seen the DVD yet, but I have seen the material live, and the 13 coin assembly is worth the price of. It's the kind of routine that you keep in reserve for those special occasions where you actually want to hurt people. Maybe they were drunk and distracted, maybe they copped an indifferent attitude early on, but for whatever reason, if your audience one night just doesn't do it for YOU, gather them close, and then do Reed's assembly. If they don't immediately repent the error of their ways, pack it up and go home.

(I will note that this is far better than my old way of dealing with this situation, which was to perform "Two in the hand, one in the pocket" over and over until everyone left.)

Don't take my word for it, take Jim Pace's. Even he says Reed's routine is a significant improvement. (of Jim's killer concept)

Okay, so maybe you don't have 13 coins with you. Sometimes you just don't. In that case, you will still be able to put chins on the floor with Reed's "International 3-Fly". Hopefully, the DVD captured the look and feel of Reed's visible transfers. He has a remarkable touch with this, where the coins appear to travel not only visibly, but in slo motion. It's impossible to describe in print, but perhaps can be captured on video.

There's more, but you don't need me telling you how good the material is. Get the DVD, and decide for yourself. If I was right, write in and tell us you liked it. If I was wrong, write in and tell us you liked it. Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-04-13 22:12, pyro_magic wrote:
Reed arn't you kind of scared on how it turned out? What happens if the DVD is very bad?

Lee

Lee,

I've read and re-read your above comments to Reed, and, for the life of me, I cannot begin to envision what would have prompted such rude comments on your part. So, what's your point?

Its one thing to have actually reviewed the DVD and formed an opinion that the DVD production or the material on the DVD is "bad"; its another thing to specutlatively make such a comment not having even seen the DVD.

Again, what was your point? Bad hair day, or what?

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I have his dvd and it rocks Reeds 13 coin matrix will blow you away and it is done without gaffs or shells
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
No, no, no. You got it wrong. I didn't mean it would be bad coin routines. I mean it would be bad production wise. I love Reed's work, don't get me wrong it is kind of like the movie Dare Devil. It has a cool plot with some what good actors but is put together really, really bad. So this might occur in this DVD, I don't know of any other magician who didn't really have a say in his DVD. It is just hard to explain what I mean.

Like the level of professionalism the DVD is produced at is bad, I was just asking if he was scared that it might not be up to the level of quality he comes across as.

Lee
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

I'm even more confused now! Smile Anyway, we (Hocus Pocus) just got the DVD in today. I'm looking forward to watching it tonight.

Like all of Reed's magic, I'm sure it's going to be great!
Jason London

This space for rent
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Ok something else, I would just be scared because I didn't see the last product. I still think it is strange that they wouldn't send Reed a copy before it was released. I don't know why I would be scared, it just might be an image thing. I hope this clears up what I mean.

Lee
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Geez Curtis Smile Smile Smile

If I could write like you do, holy cow man. Heck I want to go buy a copy of my dvd. that's it I am having you write all of my add copy from now on.

Tony, Jason, Vinny and Turk Thank you guys. Also To pyro for for making me scratch my head and wonder hmmm.

cheers
Reed

Reed McClintock 2003

AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Smile
I wonder if I understand what Lee is saying. He is wondering if you are worried about the layout and sequencing of the DVD, as opposed to the teaching material. Perhaps the image quality(???) of the DVD as well. Lee was confident of the material you have created, but was wondering if you were worried about the quality of how it was presented in the DVD because you yourself have not seen it to veto before it was made publically available.

Am I right Lee?
magictrickboy71
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of magictrickboy71
Hi Reed,

I was just wondering the difficulty level of the routines? Are they for average skill level or advanced? I am an advanced card guy but only average in my coin work?

Also, I saw on your web site you have another coin dvd comming out, when will this be released?

Thanks a bunch,
Frank
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
On 2003-04-14 20:49, AlexWong wrote:
Smile
I wonder if I understand what Lee is saying. He is wondering if you are worried about the layout and sequencing of the DVD, as opposed to the teaching material. Perhaps the image quality(???) of the DVD as well. Lee was confident of the material you have created, but was wondering if you were worried about the quality of how it was presented in the DVD because you yourself have not seen it to veto before it was made publically available.

Am I right Lee?

Well said. Smile I didn't really know how to explain it. It is just strange that you didn't have any say in a DVD with your routines. Hope Turk reads this, he sounded a little 'ticked' off.

Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Ovations by Reed McClintock (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL