The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Say the Magic Words (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
If it is a birthday show I use "Happy Birthday ____________.

For holidays I use "Merry Christmas", "Happy Halloween", etc....
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
For a good quick laugh you can set them up with the following....

Repeat the magic words real loud!

Oogedy!
Woogedy!
(stick your finger in your nose and say...)

Don't pick your boogedy!!

I have kids rolling on the floor!

S. Patrick
ericsharp
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ericsharp
In answer to Mike the Amazing. Let's not cheapen magic by using silly magic words, let us keep it respectable. At Children's Entertainer Competitions here is GB it's the usual thing. A suposedly funny word is used and fails in impact after the second and third time it is used and more importantly it the only funny line they have in their whole performance.

Magic words can be used for special tricks, such a the OOMPA gag with is wonderful line 'if you say that again I will stop you going to school for three weeks so there!' and from then on it's a riot everytime it is said. Or, you are telling the story and you have said a word or sentence and you say 'Which just happened to be the magic words.' They are pronounced and after the second time I is said the children are ahead of you and are already pronouncing the magic word much to their amusement and your displeaseure sometimes. Or: You say there is one magic word you must not say for this trick,does anyone know what it is?' the children shout out words and you point out that one of them has said the magic word you must not say and now YOU ARE in trouble we could go on. Eric and Muriel
20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
I was just thinking about this and I was wondering, for those who use the birthday or special childs name do you think this might actually weaken it. I know that it is their special day and everything, but would it be better if you were to use funny words? By using funny words it does not signal any one out to better, they know it is their birthday and get to do somthing special, already so why not use just a funny word? Basically in this rambling, does using the birthday name actually add that much to it?
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I agree with you Robert. I've used the "Happy Birthday _________" in the past and, artistically, it didn't seem to carry as much punch as I would have liked. Now, I prefer to use a consistent tag line as the magic words (something by which my name and reputation with become associated). However, I still close my birthday show by having all of the kids yell out Happy Birthday to the birthday child and then give him/her a loud round of applause.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I have several. Each goes for different tricks:

Wasabi Cashews

Shiggidy Shiggidy Shwa

Hocus Pocus Chicken Bones Chokeus

The above are just my favorites because they usually get laughs...especially the last one.
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
55john55
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of 55john55
I'm daring to go where I certainly am a stranger - working with kids. I notice a few people already used the magic word "Please". However, at the very beginning I tell them that sometimes we need just a little magic, and I have a very tiny magic wand. To do other tricks we need lots of very powerful magic, and I produce a very large wand. I use "Please" when I need the most powerful word (and largest wand).
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
I used to use Diddle Daddle Doddle but as in the words of my intro song I now just use CRACK A JACK
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Out of curiosity do any of you use no magic words at all? I have gone through twenty years without either a word or a wand, and I have never felt the need for either. Am I alone? Tony.
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 12:24, TonyB2009 wrote:
Out of curiosity do any of you use no magic words at all? I have gone through twenty years without either a word or a wand, and I have never felt the need for either. Am I alone? Tony.

Tony,
More power to ya. Magic is sometimes in the perception. The kids (and parents) will arrive with the preconceived notion of bunnies, top hats, magic wand and magic words. It is great that you can be entertaining without the usual props.

-Wes Holly-
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
I said it before, and I'll say it again. For kid's shows I pay tribute to the Amazing Mumford and use his magic words; "A-la-peanut-butter-sandwiches!" Of course, now-a-days the parents aren't old enough to remember where I got that, so I just do it for me.

Wes Holly
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
At the start of the show I do a spelling test trick that is displayed through out the show. Usually it is the kids name if it is 7 or fewer letters. If it is longer than I make it the word MAGIC. That is the magic word I use.

Patrick
Bagatelli
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Bagatelli
I have a routine with a "school certificate tearing"
After tearing my bad certificate, I restore it in a spooky way (sound and green fire), using:

"Shalla kabulla - Krabasta Labusta"
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I use "smelly socks in custard" but I want to change it as I have heard kids saying smelly cocks! Not what you want them going home telling mum and dad!
My Dragon is called Snot and he teaches the children the magic words so something about him would be good but again I don't want to play too much on the snot.
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Hocus Pocus Chicken Bones Choke Us... not sure where I got the phrase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Say the Magic Words (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL