The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My first ever woodworking project! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I almost didn't put this up here because it's actually the first time I have worked with wood.

Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
For being a rookie wood worker I'm impressed. It looks just as good as the pro models. Nice job.
Bob.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Thanks Bob! That's appreciated. I bought the Supreme plans but they are not the most detailed so I solved problems along the way.

I am actually thinking of tackling another project as I enjoyed it!

Any suggestions for a rookie???

:)

Bri
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hey, Bri:

Nicely done!

FWIW, since you've successfully tackled box making (straight cuts, 90-degree corners, dimensional consistency, etc.) another box-type job might be the way to go: Square Circle, Tip-Over Box, Gung-Ho type box... . And you thought MAGIC was addictive...bet you can't wait for the next project, huh?

Keep it up!
Leland
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Hi Leland,

Thanks for the comments / tips...
A square circle sounds like a good idea! I guess I could drop in to the local carpet warehouse and ask if they have any large tubes...

Tip over box is also a great idea... My partner wants a way to vanish her large puppet so I might tackle both! I think a die box is a little too much just yet...

I have to admit I did my fair share of head scratching but it feels great to have finished it!

Bri
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Looks like very good work for a first timer, you must have put quite a it of time and effort into it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Thank you Father. I did and it actually cost me more than a bought one as I had to buy all the tools! At least now I can make lots of things, it's enjoyable! I hope to produce something of the quality of magia355's table one day!

Bri
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Congratulations, and great job. Welcome to the workshop where we get addicted for more projects.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Hi James,

Thanks! I am already ready for my next project, I can see how addictive it may become!

Bri
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
WOW! That looks professional to me!

Keep up the good work!
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Thank you MagicByUriel
:)
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Good lookin work Bri!
Welcome to the ranks of the wood addicted! You think magic is an expensive obsession.......... Smile

Mick
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Thanks Mick, it's not just the magic, my other half has now started talking about shelves.... and spice racks... and my daughter wants a rabbit hutch... but that means she'll want a rabbit to go in it!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
What is the 'next project' you are working on now?
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Hi James,

Well it was going to be a flip over box (based on Leyland's advice) but I have been asked to make the effect "Cheers" from the Trevor Lewis book, it's his applause meter effect so I will make theflip over box after that.

I should explain, the table is not for me and neither is this effect. My partner does kids magic and she needed a rolon table which was how I came to make it and I can feel a strange addiction developing!

Bri
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Bri, if that is your first project, I can't wait to see what you do when you get "good" at it!

That looks great!!!

Mark. Smile
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Hey thanks Mark Smile
It's all thanks to youtube! There are loads of great videos on there to help anyone starting new projects, not about building magic but learning to use power tools, general woodworking etc...
Bri
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My first ever woodworking project! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL