The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Building a table for Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Looks great
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
That is a nice looking table, NoVaCain.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
You guys seem to be missing the most important detail of a good tray-jack style table: removable top deck. Attach the padding and felt to a separate piece of plywood, and then secure the cloth-covered insert into the table recess with Velcro.

Now, when some drunk - maybe even you - spills a rum-and-coke on the *** thing you can replace the felt with ease. Almost as importantly, you can have a second insert that has a smooth surface for dice stacking [or other firm-surface applications].

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
magia355
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia, USA
173 Posts

Profile of magia355
Thomas, that is how my table is built...The top felt area is removable which can be replaced with another top of different color or when replacement is required.

The cloth covers a piece of birch plywood that is not attached to the table frame.

RS
magiquemaker
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of magiquemaker
Remote guy, your tables look great. I have made a lot of table tops from plywood and a picture frame, shop around at thrift stores and you can find some great deals on like carved looking unique picture frames. Usually I toss the picure, use some playwood for the actual surface, looks good. Then you just need some legs.

John
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
TW thanks for that, removable top deck is a much better idea for maintaning the surface. The next one will be better!
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Just a note when hunting up wooden surfaces, I just found an old radio cabinet with nice inlay doors. It was getting tossed to the dump, so I grabbed the doors off first. Might be more sized for a side table rather than big enough for C&B, but very pretty inlay indeed!
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Building a table for Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL