The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I failed the first time, who thinks I will fail the second time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Just call him butter...he's on a roll baby!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Wow - we gots strong juju.

Now we just need to make sure we continue to use it for good and not evil.
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
It must be Magic
Magic is Everywhere
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Indeed it must have been magic! Congrats!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Congrats Justin!!!!!
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Congratulations, Justin

PM me your mailing address, I would like to send you "If you're so Smart, Prove it".
The book is a lot of fun and you might find some fun word games in the book that you can use on your tours.

~John
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
So what does the certification do for you?
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-10-03 23:21, Josh Chaikin wrote:
So what does the certification do for you?

1) It will make the people I take on the tour feel comfortable that I am legit and sanctioned by NYC.

2) It shows people that I care enough about leading them on a tour. That all my paperwork is in order and run my business in a professional manner.

3) If I want to get a commercial job as a tour guide, it'll show prospective employers that I am validated by the DCA.

4) And it will also allow me to be verified by the DCA and be included on their web site. And I will also be able to be listed in tour guide brochures.

5) But most of all, in case the cops see me pointing out a building and they think I am up to espionage or something, I'll be able to show them my Identification.

6) After I publish my book about commuter cycling and make the talk show circuit rounds, they’ll be able to introduce me as “Bicycling safety advocate and NYC Tour Guide” so; I guess the producers and bookers will take me seriously? – I hope, anyway…lol
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I like point 5 but also have another to add.

I recently attended a workshop to learn about plasticity of the brain - meaning the brain even in adulthood is creating bridges amongst our billions of neutrons.

What does that have to do with me you may ask?

Well...it's been shown that London cab drivers who have very extensive exams regarding all the routes in London are shown to have extremely healthy brains compared to the rest of the population. They are continuously learning, keeping their brains active and readjusting their routes and via shortcuts..ect..kinda like what you'll be doing. So there you have it...you're firing up those billions of neurons in your brain. Reason number 7.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks...do you think those can recharge all the ones I fried in the seventies?

hey now!

:cool:
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Just play the Doors on your iPod. Same difference.
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Quote:
On 2008-10-04 12:21, Chrystal wrote:
I like point 5 but also have another to add.

I recently attended a workshop to learn about plasticity of the brain - meaning the brain even in adulthood is creating bridges amongst our billions of neutrons.

I swear I first read that as "plasticdestiny of the brain". Now THERE was some imagery for you...
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
So, what exciting and little known facts can you share with us that us outsiders wouldn't otherwise know without going on an official tour? Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
The Grand Central Terminal Whispering Wall!

A MUST see and DO!

The whispering Wall is An area outside the Oyster Bar restaurant in Grand Central Terminal, where the arched design of the walls of a corridor enables two people, standing at opposite corners and facing the wall (like you're being punished!), to talk to each other and be heard!

Check it out!

And while in GST, make a visit and have a drink in the Campbell apartment!
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I came home today to find a box from D'lite headquarters on my doorstep. I opened it and was (here it comes) D'LITED to see everything in there. It was certainly more than I expected when Justin announced the prizes of this 'contest.' I know I'll be having a lot of fun in the weeks to come. (The business card was a nice touch!)

Thank you Mr. Style!
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Braggart Smile

;)
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Maybe you'll win some business cards and used flash paper next time Larry holds one of his contests. Smile
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Well, I'd just like to sing the praises of one Mr Styles Junior. Not only is he going to send me off the prize as one of the winners of this competition, but is also helping me out with something else I just can't get my hands on in Paraguay. What a man! And we both love the bike!!! Big up to Justin!!!
Thanks buddy! A nice creamy pint of Arthur to you sir!!!

:stout:
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Justin is a good man, I will definitely have to buy him a beer if ever we meet.

I think a man buying a beer for another man is the ultimate gesture of respect. Sure seems that way Smile
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I say Justin will score 111 on his exam !!
I'm having a good feeling about this!!!!!!
DP
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I failed the first time, who thinks I will fail the second time? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL