The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where can I find 'this' Copper/Silver routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
Last year, while visiting a local magic store, a senior magician taught me a very nice copper/silver routine. Since then, I've forgotten the nuances and unfortunately can't get in touch with the magician to ask. Here's what it looked like to the spec:

Performer brings out a silver dollar and asks spec to hold out hand, palm down. Performer reaches under his hand and cleanly places the silver dollar into his hand and closes it. Spec keeps his hand extended. Performer than reaches into his pocket and fetches a penny, and holds it up at his fingetips. He then causes the penny to transform to the silver dollar. The spec then opens his hand and the silver dollar has transformed to a dollar-sized Penny.

I really liked this effect. Does anyone know the origins?

Dave
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1666 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I think Martin Lewis has an effect like that on his DVD.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
185 Posts

Profile of langston3711
There is a great effect just like that which I use on Dan Watkins Coin Man Walking DVD. Except you don't put the coin under they're hand you rest it on the tip of your index finger and they grab it off into they're fist. 2 part routine examinable both before and after the effect.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Pete Biro was just talking about this in another thread. I bought a dollar-sized penny from Brad Burt and just worked several handlings out. It's not hard at all to create a method with general knowledge of coin magic.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
It's called - Penny - Penny, Who's Got the Penny? I first saw it in a small booklet by Jerry Mentzer called Super Cents (1975). He doesn't credit anyone, so it may have been his idea to use the silver dollar and the Sudbury Penny to perform the Copper/Silver transposition.

For a more recent reference, I just remembered that Steve Draun does a very nice handling of this effect on disc 3 of his DVD set Standing Room Only. A very well thought out use of the props.

Nick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where can I find 'this' Copper/Silver routine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL