The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Day for any Date - Practice Engine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dyddanwy
View Profile
Regular user
Chester. UK
108 Posts

Profile of dyddanwy
I have developed a Windows program that helps you to practice the 'Day for any Date' type effect. I'm now looking for volunteers to 'Beta' test it. If you are familiar with the 'Day for any Date' effect and would like to look at the program please PM me. I need people who are willing to test the program to destruction... and then tell me what they think!

The program will:
- automatically select random dates from years you specify, you can choose individual years (1947) or a range of years (1972 - 2002)
- you can control which months are chosen - all 12 or any combination
- you can control how likely it is that a leap year appears (always, automatic, never), very useful if you are just learning a system
- you can adjust the way the dates are displayed: Month, Date, Year or Date, Month Year
- you can control the speed of delivery, it gives the date and then 'X' seconds later, reveals the day
- the program can use Microsoft's speech engine, so the dates can be spoken, making for a more realistic practice situation

As a thank you to those who are willing to Beta test this, I will send them a free copy of the finished program.

Regards,
Jack Smile
~ ~
dyddanwy
View Profile
Regular user
Chester. UK
108 Posts

Profile of dyddanwy
Many thanks to those who PM'd me and the feedback received. I'm really hoping to get the software finalised in the next few days. However, I would love to hear from anyone who would like to test this out on a PC running Vista (home or business). I have had a small number of testers report sound problems when using this software under Vista and need to deal with any bugs before I offer the software to more people.

If you can help please PM me. You can have a final copy of the software in return for your help... also, I am about to release a downloadable astrology 'trick' which I will also send to you when it is finalised. (This is a 'the computer reads your mind' kind of thing... with the program identifying your friend's star sign and offering them a fun forecast of their future).

Regards,

J Smile
~ ~
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
996 Posts

Profile of stanalger
I've had a lot of fun with this program.
If you do (or plan on doing) day-for-any-date for audiences,
the spoken date feature DOES make for more realistic practice
than you'd get READING the dates off of the screen.

Thanks, Jack. Good job!

Stan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Day for any Date - Practice Engine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL