The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Intuition by David Devlin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Through October 5th 2008, I will give you my Intuition for free...well...almost free. If I give it to you, you must review it publicly. I like the feedback. Actually, I NEED the feedback as I am going to be marketing these things as downloadable e-tricks. PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you. Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Oh, I guess that I should tell you that this is my version of Premonition. Smile
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
632 Posts

Profile of Sensio
I got it and must say that this is a very very attractive piece of mentalism. It even resembles more of a mentalism item instead of a mental magic one.

The ploy and promise of the effect is very strong and the way to set it up and perform it is easy and very clean too (many levels of decpetion but not any signs of manipulating the spectator's choices).

I liked it a lot!!
SENSIOPAD - Finest Peeking Technology

K N O C K O U T M E N T A L I S M . C O M
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Only 12 more hours. Smile
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
dream_big@frontiernet.net

Thank you!

Nathan
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
6 more hours! Smile
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thanks Dave! I meant to PM you...I must have been confused!

Nathan
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Its all good. Smile
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
445 Posts

Profile of Rick
Once again Dave,youre thinking is incredible...You have another winner here...good luck..and thankyou.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Dave,
I love these kind of effects, you have some very good stuff that you have come up with as of late, this will make a very nice contribution to the other effects of yours I had the privilege to review.
I like the front and the back of this story line, should do well for anyone.

Thank You
Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
679 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Fantastic, probably one of the few times in which the combination of two classic ideas makes for a really wonderful and clean effect! Your introduction with a brief history and crediting the appropriate people was a very nice touch as well.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Dave,

I like that you streamlined the methodology. I have not yet been willing to set up a Premonition deck, but your handling is tempting.

I might add that you made me cringe when you wrote that the rest of the ... deck could be "thrown away." I do not throw cards away. I find ways to use them, whether making up some packet effects, homemade gaffed cards or just practicing the Mercury Card Fold.

I appreciate getting a glimpse into your creativity.

Thanks again for your generosity,

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
jaded
View Profile
New user
colorado springs
73 Posts

Profile of jaded
A very interesting idea! With some thought I can see this deck having applications for other mentalism effects.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2239 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I very much like the way you have updated this classic with some nice ploys and, although I have yet to try it, can see that it would play well as well as be fun to perform.

I have though got one suggestion which I think could make things a bit clearer and will PM you David. It is though a very good release.

Thanks and wishing you every success with it.

Neil
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
This is a lovely little idea, your take on this classic is very valuable and a great insight. Good job!

Ken
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Cheers for this David.

As a fan of the original effect I liked your updated version of it.

Tried it out last night at the local pub using the KK subtlety you suggest and it went down really well.

Looking forward to more of your releases. (I have 3 already!!!)

Out of 10 I would give it around a 7.5.

The only quarrel I might have is the selection process of the card but if the end result gets gasps then who cares right?

Nice work and keep it up!!!

Peace & Love

Matt
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2070 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I very much like the context used in the selection process of the card and the script flows very well; it is engaging and should fly by the spec.

On the negative side, I have some concern that when the spec goes through the deck while trying to locate the selected card, he or she may notice the discrepancies. A more minor negative... my wallet is as trim as possible now and I don't see how I could add the additional bulk.

Sorry to be a bit vague in my comments, but I don't want to expose the method. Thank you, David, for sharing this with the Café. I eagerly look forward to your future works.

Regards, Steve
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Hey y'all....this is now available.

http://www.lybrary.com/intuition-p-35989......bf98c506

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Intuition by David Devlin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL