The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Departure Ring Flight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I just ordered mine from Hocus-Pocus. Probably won't ship 'till Tuesday. In all honesty, this looks great. And if Paul Green recommends it, I'm sure it's good!
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello magicman4646,

Thank you for your order. Your Departure Ring Flight and Free Gifts will ship out first thing tomorrow, Monday morning.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks Paul!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
E-mailed Chris Smith and my ring flight is on the way. A pleasure dealing with him.

I advocate using Departure to vanish a spectator's key instead of their ring. Come up with your own presentation and handling and I think you have a solid effect. I know I do, thanks Chris.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Hocus-Pocus shipped mine this morning. The key patter sounds amusing, but sometimes the spectator is not able to take the key off of their key ring. Also, a ring has much more sentimental value to the spectator making it better when it vanishes.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

You can make a joke about them not being able to take the car key off the keychain. This is where you use your judgment on who to ask though. This is a casual thing.

I imagine you have borrowed many rings with no incidence thus far. But, what will you say when a lady tells you, "my ring is missing its diamond" or "that is NOT my ring!" Personally I just avoid the risk by borrowing a key.

Think of doing a "transposition" of keys. Their key with your key. I think you will like it.
Douglas Lippert
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Just got mine today, and love it! It's absolutely fantastic!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I like the idea of transposing your key with theirs. It's like Dan Fleshman's Ring and String routine; he starts off with vanishing the spectator's ring with ring flight and so the effect is that he transforms their ring into his, does his routine with his ring, then reveals their ring on his keychain at the end. I always thought it was way more impressive and hard hitting to use the ring flight as a transformation than a vanish. With a vanish, they simply think "where did it go?". With a transformation, there are way more questions running through their mind. Plus it's just so much cooler.

Is it REALLY silent? Also, how bulky is the "car remote"? I wouldn't want to walk around with a big square bulge in my back pocket.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
It's pretty darn silent, quieter than any one I've had before. Of course there is some noise, but that's covered by, well, the everyday world. The car remote isn't too bulky, you'll look just fine with it in your back pocket. Also, Derek teaches a nice ring to key transp on the 10 minute instructional CD.

The only thing that isn't great are the buttons on the car remote. If someone takes a look at it, they might realize it's fake. Obviously you're not going to be pushing it in their faces, so chances are they won't notice. Just an observation...
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I have ordered this and will eagerly await derparture's arrival if you know what I mean!

Patrick, thank you for your post it reminded me of when I first started performing ring flight and I would change their ring into a key, which would come full circle with the reveal of the ring on my keychain. I am now thinking that it would be great fun to turn their ring into a ring that is a jelly sweet and eating it! I strangely can't wait till the sweet shop opens to go and try it! I'm sure the reactions when you eat it will be hilarious!

Cheers,

Ben
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

You're welcome.
Douglas Lippert
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

^Exactly. I wasn't going to take credit.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Hopefully mine will get here tomorrow. Then, I will have a very magical key chain routine with Florida Keys, Freakey and the "key flight" transpo as my closer.

I may not do all three back to back as it could be too much. How far is the steel cable length Patrick? Could I run it up my sleeve?
Douglas Lippert
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

I don't even own this lol. I have no clue. Someone did mention that it was shorten than they would like it to be though.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
The c**le length is 17 inches from r**l to clip (not including clip).
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Yea, it's a bit short. But, overall I am very pleased with my purchase.
Douglas Lippert
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

DVLKCC: Did you just receive it today or do you have multiple personalities?! Yesterday you asked me how long the c**le was and today you say it's a bit short but you like Departure.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

The mailman delivered my packages after I had checked the mail on Saturday. But, I checked it again later in the evening after I wrote that post and had a chance to play with it. We can all breathe easier now.

I e-mailed Joe Porper about possibly making me a custom "Just A Key" using my car key. Waiting on his reply.
Douglas Lippert
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Pros: It works. It's fairly quiet. It looks like a normal key chain.
Cons: It's expensive. I'd never even consider using this with a nice ring. While it shouldn't come off, it very easily could.

Recommended
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
I think it's the best working and simplest ring flight out there.
The pull is just strong enough but not too strong to 'snap' an expensive ring against your keys. IMHO the ring would never come off. The loading is a piece of cake with the carabiner and safe.

Don't leave home without it.

HIGLY RECOMMENDED.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Departure Ring Flight (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL