The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Masked Moron ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
13 episodes!!! What an as****e.

He is a pretty bad performer, but I guess he's really not a magician, just a moonlighting auto mechanic. He did "healed and sealed", but his explanation was a little off. If you actually do it the way he presented it, the can will restore itself prematurely. But, I guess from a layman's perspective, they now know "the secret".

Jim
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I wonder how Copperfields assistants wheeled his decept steps to the other side of the Great Wall?
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 17:40, Rotten wrote:
I wonder how Copperfields assistants wheeled his decept steps to the other side of the Great Wall?

There was actually a separate effect that occurred just off camera where they too passed magically through the wall.

-Nick
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Chezaday is cool and all, but always talks about not talking about this jerk and then opens up this thread....

I'm about sick of this whole deal anyway..
Your friend,

Taylor
PS>> Why do they still have three illusions from the special on the known builders and a few on the unknown builders still on the Magic Auction....
Whats that all about.... Chris told me on an e-mail that they were going to send an e-mail to the people with these props and if they were truly used on these specials and they were for sure.... that they would half to state that on the auction that these were used on the special....The reason that I don't like this is because it sounds to me that they are going to keep them on the site no matter what..... If I owned the company I would take them off just for the principal of it ... This TV company doesn't need the money ... But I guess someone else does.
I like Joe and Chris, but I don't think they have worked this hard enough... I'm sure that they have assumed names on each prop to throw the auction....

Just my take.
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
And I think the same...
Thanks Taylor!
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 17:40, Rotten wrote:

If I'd be Copperfield I pay off some Chinese security (or ranger)to look the other way and digg a tunnel under the darn thing.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Yes Taylor .. you do have a very valid point. Besides me being cool and all, which is true .. I did add this post. I do view the Café as a pretty private resource for professional and amateurs alike. Any laymen would have to really seek out this information. We should of course keep things quiet among laymen .. here we need to be informed, simple as that.

I too am disgusted by this situation, but .. we need to be prepared when this does come up in conversation. None of have the funds to put a stop to this. Any time the lawyers get involved .. you know who wins??

The lawyers ...

Steve
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 19:42, TaylorReed wrote:
Chezaday is cool and all, but always talks about not talking about this jerk and then opens up this thread....

I'm about sick of this whole deal anyway..
Your friend,

Taylor
PS>> Why do they still have three illusions from the special on the known builders and a few on the unknown builders still on the Magic Auction....
Whats that all about.... Chris told me on an e-mail that they were going to send an e-mail to the people with these props and if they were truly used on these specials and they were for sure.... that they would half to state that on the auction that these were used on the special....The reason that I don't like this is because it sounds to me that they are going to keep them on the site no matter what..... If I owned the company I would take them off just for the principal of it ... This TV company doesn't need the money ... But I guess someone else does.
I like Joe and Chris, but I don't think they have worked this hard enough... I'm sure that they have assumed names on each prop to throw the auction....

Just my take.

Taylor,

Why should it matter if they are on the magic auction or not. They have been there before and it seems to be priced pretty affordable for someone just getting into illusions. Why should someone not buy these? Sure, they were exposed but people have short memories. I one time new exactly how to make a bunny bill without any help from the book but I stopped doing it for a little while and forgot many of the folds. I have done this at least a thousand times but still forgot after a little hiatus. People will forget about the exposure thing and someone will have a sweet deal. It really isn't very hard to figure out illusions if you really put your mind to it. It is the misdirection and the other things that the magi does that prevents people from thinking about it until it is all over and once someone is amazed or sees something amazing they tend to rationalize the things they can and forget the things that they can't. I say that they should keep it up on the auction. It may never sell. The first time it was on teh auction it stayed there for almost a year. Steve brings up a very good point with this post so I don't feel that it is out of character for him. He is one of the working pros here on the Café, we would all do well to listen to him. I called Eli Kerr the other day to talk about the show and he said what show. He has his own show in Reno still and I know he will have it for a long time. Why? Because he entertains people, he doesn't just do tricks.

BYUDAD
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
You forgot to mention that I'm cool and all ...

Steve
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
All,

Steve is cool and all.

BYUDAD
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
Hey Steve, did we mention your cool and all
making the unreal, real...really!
magiquemaker
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of magiquemaker
Any guy who dresses like a member of motley crue back in their heyday TODAY is definitely cool and all. *** I wish I saved my spandex.

John
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Steve, though no one can argue that you’re cool-n-all,
you’d be amazed just how much our little corner of the world pops up on Google.

If you Google just the names of the illusions,
or masked magician, tv exposure, or magic illusions.
or many of the other words and phrases used on
the Magic Café up pops our threads!
(In a week or so Google cool-n-and all and it will take you here.)

I’ve done many non-magic searches and low-and-behold up pops the Café,
with every stitch of our underwear there for the world to read.

Probably because this site gets a lot of traffic and a lot of postings,
it gets crawled and reported by Google all the time.

Only the Secret Sessions are free from even slightly curious laymen.

My thoughts,
Walt
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Very true
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
All of this will pass in time. I never saw it but it sounds like a rather unentertaining show. Perhaps poor ratings will be forthcoming. Sponsors hate poor ratings. Does anyone know what was showing on the other major networks while this crap was on Fox? I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but if the ratings are bad enough Fox could cancel it before the end of the thirteenth episode. Let's hope so.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
The only reason I have a beef with these Illusions is because who ever buys them, will be giving money back to the people that made this mess on TV>.
That would be like takin Val out to lunch...... Come on do I have to explain everything ... Don't ya get it.

I think it's ok to buy a Dekolta chair or a twister ... But not the same ones from the TV show .

Just my Take on IT...
PS>>>> I'm Cooler..

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I totally see where you're coming from Taylor. I think I've mentioned it before. The Auction should refuse these props and any involvement with the television show. It is a slap in the face .. they should show a little respect towards the magic community and remove them.

That's the very least they could do for us ..

Steve
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
I agree with you Steve and Taylor!!!
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
We are both cool and all!

Steve
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
I completely agree with all that has been discussed in this thread...including Steve's coolness level...but as is my nature, I must throw a monkey wrench into this discussion.

I've refurbished illusions for clients that came out looking like a completely different prop. No one would ever know it was a 30-year old Owens or a 20-year old Chalet.

My point is, suppose you give one of those props a new style, theme or even something as simple as a paint job. How would you *know* it had ever been on that TV show? From the stage or a photo, you wouldn't.

Perhaps something along the lines of a pedigree or more akin to an automobile title is needed? But, administrating and authenticating something like that would be a logistical nightmare; especially on already-built illusions or common props like the Sub Trunk, ZigZag, etc.

Of course, we could all just write our names in them with a marker like Mom did with our gym shorts.

Just wondering what you folks think.

Dan/EARL
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Masked Moron ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL