The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Masked Moron ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
I knew that Masters of Illusion was coming on in January, but wasn't the MM supposed to air 13 specials?
Nikodini
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Nikodini
Looks like MM will be back. TV networks like to stretch the shows by missing a few weeks here and there.
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
Ok, I might regret posting this, but I will in hopes of easing some folks' mind.

My live show in Dothan, Alabama, in 2009 is going to air on CBS 4, or the CW, which is our local carrier for MY NETWORK (MM's channel). I asked to see the ratings for the MM Specials on MYNetwork before I agreed to use CBS as the channel to carry my show. The MM had the lowest ratings out of any show on CBS, NBC, FOX, or ABC. The exact numbers was something like 1 out of every 500 watched the MM special. Now with them odds, what are really the chances of your entire career falling apart because of a few specials?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 9:15pm
Well, I noticed several Magicians have voiced how they dislike how the same network that airs the MM is also airing other magic shows and IBM's advertisements on them (or at least the same network that airs the MM affiliated with other networks).

Being that I am getting into airing my performances, I have found this to be true. RAYCOM Media, which now operates largely in the south, owns CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CW and MY NETWORK (MM channel).

So my point is this, in today's media world, you're going to bump heads sooner or later with a television company that has some type of connection with a network that aired something that was contrary to your beliefs or wishes, whether the MM or whatever.

My point is this, as much as I dislike the MM and what he stands for, he is just something we have to deal with until he goes away. You can't just throw away your show because of it.
making the unreal, real...really!
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
I believe Disney owns ABC.

http://www.cjr.org/resources/?c=disney
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
Quote:
On 2008-12-08 21:15, CCPCris wrote:
RAYCOM Media, which now operates largely in the south, owns CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CW and MY NETWORK (MM channel).

I think what you meant to write is that Raycom owns some affiliates of those networks in the South.
CCPCris
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
280 Posts

Profile of CCPCris
Yeah that's preaty much is it, an affilate broadcaster. But you get my point.
making the unreal, real...really!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Masked Moron ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL