The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Cody Moynihan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Cody Moynihan
Hi
Recently I was in a magic store and saw a floating table it $300. I bought then when I came home I did a search on the Café for floating tables and found allot of results after reading thure them an consulting a friend who has a losander floating table I realized I had just bought a rip off.Not to worey thow I put the table to good use as it made very good kindling to get a bonfire going last week.I now wished I had done more research on the table before buying it. Has any one els had an expirnce like this before.
Thanks
Cody
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Cody,

if you send Losander your rip off table, he will give you $500.00 credit towards an authentic one. atleast it used to be this way
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Yep.... turn your 300 dollars into 500.

We have all done this.... bought something that lacked what we really wanted. Use it as a lesson and don't do it again! Research...the internet is rich with resources. Most of us grew up with books, magazines, and catalogs.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
$300 kindling? That's an expensive bon fire!

JIM
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Cody,
Thanks for being an honorable performer and a gentleman.

Losander is sorely in debt with hospital bills for his baby daughter,
so rip-offs hurt more than usual.

Yes, he still does offer a $500 credit toward a true Losander table,
if you send in your rip-off version.

He's a very, very nice guy, and would love to hear your story!
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I’ve been in magic for over forty-years and I still get taken from time to time!

Magically,
Walt
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Spirit Tables have been around for since Victorian days, however it was Losander who combined a particular style of gimmick, with a particular style of magician’s table.

You might do more research homework before making broad generalizations.

I’ve not found any copy-cats that come close to the construction, balance, weight,
and workability of the Losander style originals.

Yes, they are expensive, but each hand-crafted and perfect, and guaranteed.

Losander did not “invent” the Floating Table, but did bring it to a new level, and introduced the type and style of gimmick and table construction.

Therefore the ones talked about above and others are rip-offs, unless they use a hand/ring methodology to operate.

Magically,
Walt
euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
Losander has the best range of tables and his style of gimmick and handling are what make them his. There are many knock-offs from Europe, India and Asia and ppl who build them themselves. I've seen so many junk tables that it is embarrassing at times.

Proportion, weight, height and look are all factors that make the tables look good (believable). I personally do not like Losanders basic table as it looks cheap and fake but I assume they are produced to meet a market need. But his top line tables are beautiful.

What also makes the floating table effect is the handling. Losander has the touch and is the best person to emulate the basic moves from. Too many magicians have jerky, animated, over-controlled moves that kill the illusion. The table should look like it is floating, not being moved around by the tablecloth.

The only problem now with the floating table (and the cheap knockoffs don;t help) is that they are way too common. Every other magician features it in his show. Like the zombie, linking rings, or standard levitation or sawing in half, it is in danger of becoming a cliche in magic because of all the bad versions and performances of the this wonderful illusion.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Has anyone invented using the t-tip with a magnet to be used instead of a ring to make the table float? If not I know someone who does use this method.

Bairefoot
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Yep, Bairefoot, I've seen that but the hand must be over the thumb to hide the obviouls and that looks unnatural, there are other time-tested methods that work that way as well.
holycrikey
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of holycrikey
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 15:37, euroillusion wrote:
Losander has the best range of tables and his style of gimmick and handling are what make them his. There are many knock-offs from Europe, India and Asia and ppl who build them themselves. I've seen so many junk tables that it is embarrassing at times.

Indeed I have too seen the knock-off versions of the floating table during family shows. The tables look horribly bad, and I've even heard people from the audiences commenting that the table looks funny. I have not heard such comments when the top-range tables from Losanders are used. I love the look of Excalibur, the new metal floating table. It looks plain at the first glance, but it totally looks like the normal table.
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Losander is the only way to go. Not only is the quality unequaled, but Losander's customer service is also top notch.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 21:49, Bairefoot wrote:
Has anyone invented using the t-tip with a magnet to be used instead of a ring to make the table float? If not I know someone who does use this method.

Bairefoot

Yes and works!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Cody Moynihan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Cody Moynihan
I am looking into geting a loasander table now just debating on witch model toget
Thanks,
Cody
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-10-25 01:02, Cody Moynihan wrote:
I am looking into geting a loasander table now just debating on witch model toget
Thanks,
Cody

All are greats but more "big and heavy" looking its better!
Follow Me...
euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
If budget is an issue, Losander just released a beginner level table at $500. And it looks very good for the price. It is probably his way of battling the knockoffs and is a great deal. http://www.magicalvisionsllc.com/isell3/product.php?id=162
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 00:25, euroillusion wrote:
If budget is an issue, Losander just released a beginner level table at $500. And it looks very good for the price. It is probably his way of battling the knockoffs and is a great deal. http://www.magicalvisionsllc.com/isell3/product.php?id=162

Cool!
Follow Me...
holycrikey
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of holycrikey
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 00:25, euroillusion wrote:

That is so awesome. Now I am tempted... very tempted... Having always been stopped by the price (and being very reluctant to buy anything pirated) this is now something that I can think about!
Davidmagic1
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Davidmagic1
I have floating table like the picture for $500 New with case
FLOATING TABLE
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Wow...that looks bad!
Sent from my Typewriter
magiquemaker
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of magiquemaker
I still think its ridiculous for losander to claim sole rights to selling a floating table. Its been around since the 1800's.

Yeah yeah he decided to use the Z%%%%% gimmick, that's been around since the 1950's and been used to float everything from tables to violins too.

Funny.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL