The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for......... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I am looking for plans to build a lightweight balloon through head box. I have never used one (or a dagger box either), so I have nothing to go use as a guide.
Thanks
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
757 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Paul Osborne offers a plan for a sword head chest in a full size plan, or in his books (book 1).
You can also get some plans from Abbott's Magic, but the plans from Osborne are much easier to understand.
My experience is the balloons are desired when working in front of kids and you don't want an element of danger in your routine, is this your motivation for a balloon version?
The reason I ask is the balloon version doesn't play well for adults so you may want to construct both versions for different audiences.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I definitely have kids in mind for the balloon box.
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
Jack Skalon

magiquemaker
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of magiquemaker
Paul Osbournes plans are great, you can adapt it to use balloons.

John
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The problem I run into everytime I think about what a great illusion this could be is using a spectator for the trick. By using a trained assistant (even a secret assistant pulled from the audience... what some of you call a "stooge") you can push balloons into the box and when you remove the box, you have changed his/her head into a balloon head. The balloon head is "accidentally" popped and now you have "no head", so you quickly go to work restoring it. But the only way my version will work is by using someone who is in on the gag.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I like it Spellbinder.
I would buy the commercial version of the box, but I don't hear very good things about it. I'm tired of spending my hard earned money on crap.
Jack Skalon

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I'll post the method I have worked out on The Magic Nook Forum in the club magic secret section, in case someone is interested in using the secret assistant idea.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
"I like it Spellbinder.
I would buy the commercial version of the box, but I don't hear very good things about it. I'm tired of spending my hard earned money on crap."

Heard that.There is way to much crap out there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for......... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL