The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Card of Nosferatu by Tony Chris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love this artistic video they made. I think the effect would not only would be perfect for Halloween, but for a spot in the act. The deck looks very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_BPHnty8xo

This is actually a marketed effect. Some shops are carrying it, but Tony also carries it. Tony is a Café member ( zanyzack ) and you could PM him Or e-mail him at zanyzack@shaw.ca His website shop is http://www.tonychrismagic.com/magicshop.html

Here's the description:

"A macabre effect in which the vampire known as Nosferatu literally
sucks the very life out of a spectators chosen card.

Be prepared for a card trick like no other as you weave the chilling
tale of a small village in Transylvania and the curse that haunts the
ones that live there!

The perfect Bizarre effect that comes with gimmicks for both regular
Bicycle cards and the Heirloom deck"
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thank you Christopher for your kind words about my new effect. You are right, it is perfect for the Halloween season coming up.

I originaly released this effect in 1996 as a very limited edition and this new version takes it into a whole new world. The cards for the new vesions were manufactured by Christian Schenk of Card Shark in germany and he also came up with an improvement on my original effect that includes a very special extra vampire card.

I hope this effect will appeal to contemporary magicians as well as the bizarrists of the world.

Spooktacular vampire card magic ready for the 2008 Halloween shows!!!
Tony Chris
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Christopher,

Long time no chat!

I agree with you on the video for the effect and may I say (and yes I am a good friend of Tony's & no he did not pay me to say this!) I think the effect is great too!

Tony released this many years ago (9 that I can remember) but the cards were not a patch on what they are now. The very fact that you get cards for the Heirloom deck and a regular Bicycle deck is that extra little touch that makes a product stand out.

This truly is a great trick and a great piece of theatre, ideal for the upcoming season. I already have my set and WILL be using it at some of the gigs I have booked.

MJ
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thanks Mat,

You are a swell guy indeed. I definitely appreciate the kind words.

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I watched the Youtube clip with my girl and she thought the effect was very spooky. She gave a faint, but audible gasp, when the 'victim' card was turned over.

She's an artist. Tony, she loved the theater you presented.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thanks Christopher,

I appreciate that. I really wanted to convey what the effect was about but in an artistic way without any patter but rather using the imagery of the vampire chasing the woman and paralleling that with the close ups shots of the actual performance of the effect. It is a simple effect in its execution but that allows the magician to focus almost 100% on the acting/patter.

I know it may be a little too "artsy farsty" for some but I just wanted to break free from the standard "magic trick video" where a magician simply demos a trick scenario. I really wanted to leave a little of the mystery to the imagination of the viewer. Maybe that's the actor in me but I really wanted to focus on the dramatic impact of a story line as opposed to the standard "spectator chooses card, card is lost in deck, magician finds card".

I guess it's more of a Euro/art film presentation but it was definitley fun fliming it and was a great experience.

I am glad that you liked it.

Tony

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Priced right too!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Card of Nosferatu by Tony Chris (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL