The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » ExTROYdinary on DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
I am inspired by Arnaud Chevrier's three coin routine partly derived I assume from
Troy Hooser's 'ExTROYdinary'. It is in his book DesTROYers, but is it available on DVD?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Check troys video's total destruction. roth also has a similar 3 coin trick in his book. chris coin has a fantastic version on his video
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
Hooser teaches a "lite" version on his "ShellRaiser" DVD:

http://magic.about.com/od/magicreview/fr/061108shellraze.htm

I'm afraid that I can't recall what the differences are between the "lite" and "real" versions. I regularly perform "exTROYdinary," but I adapted and changed it so it's hard to point out the differences between the written version in his book and what I saw on the DVD.

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
Joshua, I suppose you mean Chris Korn has a super version on his DVD, which is IMHO very true.

Yves
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Yves, yes thanks for the correction =D
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I don't recall Roth having a 3 coin trick like this in his book, which routine are you referring to?
Click to visit:
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

I'll have to look up the name. It's possible I'm thinking wrong though. I'll double check when I get home later.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Extroydinary was written up in the Magicman Examiner in 1992 or 1993 , I don't have them right in front of me at the moment.
It was then written up in Silver Surf and finally in Destroyers.
It is on DVD on Total Destruction Vol.1 and is the first trick listed.

Many people have played with and experimented with various versions of the routine. Cointwo is an an example of Extroydinary taken and played with and changed into a different routine that stands on the shoulders of the original.
Chris Korn has many versions of this trick some of which made it to DVD other versions of his are or were filmed and I do not think have been released yet.

The Peices De Salon that Arnaud does is an amalgumation of several peoples work and is excellent. Look to Kurtz and Hooser as a starting point for that routine.
Mobius
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » ExTROYdinary on DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL