The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 700 Billion? You've no idea... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
So the Irish Government have guaranteed all bank deposits to the value of 500 billion Euros, or 700 billion Dollars or so, as a gift to the Irish regulated banks to ensure their liquidity. Except we've only got 4 million citizens...
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Considering the math we magicians have been offering up lately here, I'd say that adds up to a trillion dollars each person. That is awesome.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Quadrillion actually, but close enough Josh, as magicians go...
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I feel bad for those poor banks. FEED THE BANKS!

Maybe we could start a collection on our own? Magicians helping banks.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Since when do magicians have money?
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Silver prices are up. Scrap those Sherwoods. Think about the poor banks.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I don't even have silver fillings:(
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I can put you in touch with a good dentist who can give you lead fillings.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Oh good, my insurance company might go bankrupt, that would help!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

SAVE THE INSURANCE COMPANIES! Next we can bail out the phone and cable companies. Who else (that paid their CEOs too much) can we bail out?
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2008-10-11 07:11, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
SAVE THE INSURANCE COMPANIES! Next we can bail out the phone and cable companies. Who else (that paid their CEOs too much) can we bail out?
hmm - good question! Well, we already bailed out the airline industry a few times as well as the S&L's... how about General Motors?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
When quantity replaces quality, good is accepted as great, and mediocrity is the norm ... what else can one expect?

This is also a symptom of those who want to be like everyone else. The phrase the Hebrew's use is "[don't] covet thy neighbor", or as comic Steven Wright said, "You can't have everything, where would you put it?"

When the nations met in their closed door summits politicians decided to put all of the money into one pot and blur the line with transaction fees at every trade. Companies that once made widgets started trading paper (easy money). And that created an accounting practice which relied on dishonest inventory practices in order to keep driving up the prices. Enron was a harbinger of what was to come.
The politicians in the USA push through legislation which was to lax up credit markets in order to be "more like the European banking system" or as the dumb masses bought the hook from pundits, "A Global Economy." I think you can piece the rest together from here.
POOF!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-10-11 07:55, Marvello wrote:
Quote:
hmm - good question! Well, we already bailed out the airline industry a few times as well as the S&L's... how about General Motors?

How about Ford now too? I have bought mega stock in both because I believe a bail out is eminant LOL. (It only took about 200 bucks to get "mega stock" LOL.)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
Quote:

Who else (that paid their CEOs too much) can we bail out?

You (your government) gave the auto companies $25B bailout / loan package just a couple of weeks ago. Try to keep up. Smile

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre48q2......funding/

http://seekingalpha.com/article/97269-to......o-makers
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2008-10-11 14:25, balducci wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who else (that paid their CEOs too much) can we bail out?

You (your government) gave the auto companies $25B bailout / loan package just a couple of weeks ago. Try to keep up. Smile

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre48q2......funding/

http://seekingalpha.com/article/97269-to......o-makers

yeah but they said they needed $100 billion, so I don't know how they will manage to get by on ONLY $25 billion! poor babies
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Come on guys, don't tell me you didn't see this bureaucratic disaster in the making. In relying on the same people who caused this disaster to solve the problem, when they won't even admit a fraction of their fault, we can only blame ourselves. After all, the buck starts here. Smile
POOF!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I was wondering exactly how giving the guys who caused the problem more money was going to fix the problem in the first place.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
How did we suddenly move into a world of free enterprise profits, with socialized responsibilities? It boggles the mind.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
John, I can think of no better way to have put that. Brevity is the soul of wit, and you have demonstrated this concept perfectly!

I would add the words "and wisdom" in the case of your quote.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Hey, where's that guy who linked us to the "world bank film" (money changers)? I think we owe him kudos for a big fat "he told us so." Smile
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 700 Billion? You've no idea... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL