The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sun and Moon routines? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
I bought a silver, walking liberty hopping half set and am looking for good sun and moon routines...

Suggestions please?

-Allen
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Also,

I found Roger Klause's Soleil Et Lune on the Coinvention Inaugural DVD, and I like it; however, it seems to duplicate it would require a Sun and Moon set different from that w- the Hopping Half -OR- a reduced half to match the [ from the set... Perhaps another version of this set is made w/ and expanded [ and a standard copper/silver coin?

TIA,

-A
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Similar topic...

Plenty more via search. Best of luck!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Goshman, Albert. The Sun And Moon. Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo
Kaps, Fred (edited by Pete Biro): Fred Kaps Lecture Book 1972 Magic Inc. P 6 Sun and Moon in Spectator's Hand: half and penny exchange in specs hand (uses Half, C/S, English Penny S***l)
Klause, Roger. Sun and Moon. Richard’s Almanach. & COINvention Inaugural Collection DVD. A very clean fantastic routine with a perfect dramatic presentation by its author. The concept of the shell starting over the C/S which is then transferred over the copper coin supplying two C/S coins, and the way it is used, is brilliant and opens unexplored possibilities.

Latta, Geoff: Sun and Moon. NY coin DVD Copper Silver Vol 4. In the bonus section, Geoff presents some good variants around the concept of eclipse. His patter would profit from knowledge of the conundrum of the sphinx to Oedipus.

Wild, Mike. 4 illusions with the Sun and Moon. Tavern Magic 2. Total Eclipse, Quantum Mechanics, Premonition V, Equinox.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Smile Thanks- Lots to work on now!

-A
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2008-10-11 00:32, allen_m wrote:

I found Roger Klause's Soleil Et Lune on the Coinvention Inaugural DVD, and I like it; however, it seems to duplicate it would require a Sun and Moon set different from that w- the Hopping Half -OR- a reduced half to match the [ from the set... Perhaps another version of this set is made w/ and expanded [ and a standard copper/silver coin?

Follow up to this- Were older sets made w- enlarged ['s and a copper/silver coin? Roger Klause's Soleil Et Lune requires a standard half dollar to nest into the [ of the gimmick at one point instead of the usual insert...
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello allen_m,
As you've noticed, Soleil et Lune requires a different config of the Sun and Moon coin. I had mine custom made by Roy Kueppers. Todd Lassen also makes them. Check his site. There's a blurb there about this specific config. There's also info on this site about this specific topic or rather, routine. Doug Brewer also has routines and info regarding this S/M config.

You could always get away with a shaved regular half, using the S/M portion of the HH set from Johnsons, just as long as that shaved half fits into the penny shell, but I went with expanded penny shell, slightly expanded C/S insert to fit the shell and regular half. Just so I didn't have to walk around with a shaved half. Walking Liberty and English Penny.

Hope this helps.
Jim.
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Jim,

Thanks for the note- Smile

I have an order pending w- Lassen and may add this gaff to the list.

-A
magicparis
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicparis
Jimmyj. Have an order with Roy. Having some sun-moon coins made with interchangeable shells. How was the quality of his gaffs?. I have heard good things. He is a pleasure to talk to on the phone. He answers his Emails. Not like some of the other craftsman from the midwest....Impossible to contact, Emails go unanswered..
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Magicparis,
I've never had a problem with Roy. Nice guy. I've never had any serious problems with any of the coin craftsman. It's such an obscure niche market, unless you're a coin magician, that I can understand certain aspects of their business. A lot of it is, it's a one man operation.
Jim.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sun and Moon routines? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL