The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Shop UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

geoff
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of geoff
Do you know this:
http://www.blackhart.co.uk/page53.html
What's your opinions for this shop?
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Fantastic store - It was thanks to keith Hart that I got started in Bizarre Magic.
I bought Box bizarre and The Black Book quite some time ago - best thing I ever did.
Simon
beverage
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of beverage
Great website. I have bought 2 products from them. Both arrived in a timely manner. I was even greener then than I am now. One routine is still too advanced for me the other, well it really wasn't a "trick" in the conventional sense but the artefact, a pendulum, is highly useable. Now bear in mind I'm still no expert but if I were to buy anything else from them I'd ask a few questions by e-mail first, particularly on skill level/sleights required to make sure it was right for me. My failing not theirs.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi Beverage,

I think you'll find a lot of bizarre magic props are not "tricks" as such but rather, interesting pieces that have strange and fantastic tales woven around them. Before you buy any apparatus from anywhere its a good idea to stock up on some of the books written by bizarre performers (as mentioned, Keith Hart has one amongst his Black Artifacts).
I bought a reprint of "Invocation" a few years ago - its a great investment because it is essentially a compilation of magazine articles written by all the great names in bizarre magic. You can find the 3 volumes in most magic stores such as this one:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/BK7248/Comp......nd-2.htm

Elsewhere in this forum you'll find many reviews and comments regarding the best books out there and in many cases you'll find you don't even need to buy any new magic apparatus.

Simon
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
"One routine is still too advanced for me..."

Hello Beverage

Please send the effect back under our money back guarantee and I'll either refund the money or send you something else to the same value - your choice. Satisfied customers are what we want.

We are always please to answer any questions about our products and I guarantee that I'll not try to sell any customer anything that is not suitable for their style or abilities.

To any potential buyers out there - don't be shy - ask. I don't bite! : )

Thank you for your kind comments Simon.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
beverage
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of beverage
Simon - Thank you for the link. Yes it was the rich prose and depth of storytelling that made "Bizarre" magic appeal to me in the first place but as a total neophyte at the time of my first purchases I didn't know what to expect. I look forward to getting a firm grounding from the experts on this forum. I hope readers added no more weight to my comments than a young (well not young at all actually) Tyro's deserve.

Keith - A very gracious offer. But one I can't in all concience accept. There is nothing wrong with the routine/tale and one day I would hope to be able to use it. In fact I bought it 4 years ago but have only now found time to return to my other worldy aspirations now that we are established in our new country. Just found all my stuff in the last unpacked box at the back of the barn, quite bizarre in itself. I will take up your offer of asking questions before my next purchase though. I see you promise not to bite. Does that largess include not lacerating, stabbing, shooting, eviscerating etc?

Joe
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
Though I have never (to my recollection) purchased from Blackhart, He has a fine reputation, and I would not hesitate had I the need.

Though out of touch for years with him, my past contact has been a delight.

Hello Keith; I am happy to see you here.
Beware of this and that.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I have bought from the Black Hart and loved my purchases!!! I got the wonderful scales for CC's Psychostasis which has been modified to be even easier for operation... used it for some Egyptian magic routines... tis nice indeed. Great service.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
"Keith - A very gracious offer. But one I can't in all conscience accept."

Hello Joe

It is no problem really, just sent it back and I'll swap it for something else of the same value or you can have a credit note. It is helpful to me to find out about these things - perhaps the effect could be tweaked or the instructions rewritten. Call it market research and ease your concience... : )

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I often browse around the blackhart website, I have a lot of items on my wish list. The only thing that has held me back until now is factoring in the shipping of items to the other side of the globe.

However, customer service like that displayed above is extremely rare and is pushing me towards making that purchase!
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Actually, upon closer srutiny of the rapidly falling Aussie dollar I think I might wait until the economy picks up slightly. I'm really interested in the Big Black Book and also Box Bizarre (among many other items), but presently for those 2 the exchange rate brings the total to $354.00. Eyowie!!!!!!!!
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Billy

If you email me kh@blackhart.co.uk I'll do you a deal on the shipping...

Keith Hart
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
The one pocket trick I am NEVER without is "Power of the Tarot".
Many thanks Keith, Bill Zuerner
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Geoff,

No doubt, Keith's reputation is superb among Bizarrists. Just don't go asking about him in the Gospel Forum Smile
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The ultimate source for your bizarre artifacts
http://witchcraft-supplies.com/
With a mention for http://witchcraft-supplies.com/Feline.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Shop UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL