The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Solving the stack of quarters problem. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Hi! Here are a few little ideas that could probably make your stack of quarters easier to make. These are not the total methods to the actual gimmicks but here is just an idea to get you going for anyone who wants to do these routines:

If you are like me and use Ike dollars, I only use 1 real coin. All I did was buy 1 Ike dollar and 3 chrome washers from the hardware store by me that are the exact size of the Ike. All I did was glue this all together so they are slightly stepped a bit, An Idea by Thomas Wayne. Just super glue these all together tightly, and then I glued my dollar coin on top of this stack. The washers don't have rough edges and neither do the dollars. Just an idea.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Sounds like a good idea, and would eliminate drilling a hole in a coin.

I guess the only potential problem is that with Super Glue, I understand that the stack may break apart if accidentally dropped (although I have not had this problem with the "Whisper" stack, which is also a glued stack). In any event, I guess you could take everything to a jeweler and have it silver soldered, which would probably be a permanent solution.

BTW, do the washers have a large enough hole in the centers to take a penny or dime? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Yes. I bought a half dollar size washer from the hardware store and this fits a dime but I'm not too sure about the penny. I wonder what you will be doing with this Smile But yea, It will fit for almost any routine using this gimmick. Seriously all you really need to do is use an entire bottle of super glue. Its only 50 cents at walgreens so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus I always perform this routine on a close up mat or some kind of mat and I always keep this inside a jewlery box so I never really worry about loosing a 3 buck gimmick Smile
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, Mark for the info.

I asked about the inside of the stack because I like the Whisper gimmick, which lets you put a penny on the stack, then have the quarters "penetrate" the spec's hand, leaving the penny on the hand.

Also, the traditional stack had enough room for a stack of dimes, so that after the quarters "penetrated" the hand, the spec was left with the stack of dimes on the hand. Of course, this effect makes no sense, but I guess it falls into the "I did it because I could" category. The Whisper version is much clearer, cleaner and more effective, in my opinion. And because it's only one drilled coin and five solid ones, it's much heavier than a traditional stack, and thus a lot more convincing for the specs.

Anyway, that's why I asked about the hole in the washer! SETH
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Umm, I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but you sound mad. Did I do something wrong? I just posted this so that maybe some people can get some use out of this. It is working fine for me. Btw, If you put super glue or tape or something in the cored out part of them, They will stay together longer.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Mark, I am most definitely not mad and you did absolutely nothing wrong. But if you got bad vibes from my post, I'm glad you replied so that the matter could be clarified.

If I read your first post correctly, you were asking why I wanted to know if a dime or penny would fit inside your "washer" stack, and I just explained my reasons. Sorry if I sounded mad, I certainly was not! SETH
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Oh lol. Sorry man. Just a mis-understanding. You put an exclamation point (lol that strangely took me at least 2 minutes to remember the proper term for that) at the end and It looked angry. But yea, It sounds good what you plan on doing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Solving the stack of quarters problem. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL