The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » From the Soapbox of the Society for Quality Entertainment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Quote:
On 2008-10-17 20:26, Big Daddy Cool wrote:

Again, Vick's comments were about quality regardless of medium. How is that message getting lost?

Thank you.

It's about a quality performance and presentation.

Not some joker getting some out of the box tricks and stringing them together in an incoherent fashion.

This discussion took a turn away from quality to comparing adult vs. children entertainers.

There seems to be more hacks doing kid shows.

It's art, please treat it as such,

and the point about Disney pleasing both!!!

Now I'm off to do 2 shows, have a magical and professional experience.
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Vick

It is you that mentioned children 9 times in your first post.

Once more in your last post you say; "There seems to be more hacks doing kid shows"

I am speaking of quality and the way we judge it. Since you brought up the subject of children and the quality of magic, then I give you my opinion that children’s magicians are often misjudged for the reasons I put above.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
He is not judging children's magicians, he is admonishing poor magicians in general. He just happen to use children's magicians as his example.

I wish I had the time to go deeper with this, but I don't...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
You mean as the police say here “Not carnival related”:

Quote:
There's been 3 floats destroyed, 5 sound systems stolen, 2 gun point robberies, 4 indecent assaults and 12 reported incidents of steaming in the last 24 hours. Also there was a small localised riot around the BoomBoom Crew's sound stage at 4am, after local residents complained of a noise nuisiance to the council. Happily we've just heard that the environment officer who attempted to turn the volume down will be out of intensive care in a few days, doctors are hopeful he'll function quite normally with only one lung. Ready for it........ All of these reported crimes we can safely say are not carnival related, so feel free to bring the family and kids along to soak up some of the great carnival atmosphere expected here today'.

(Partially from http://officerplod.blogspot.com/2006/02/police-slang.html)

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » From the Soapbox of the Society for Quality Entertainment (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL